• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

anyone dealt with....

Reaction score
http://superbikestore.com/bandit_1250.htm ?

I am looking at buying the Powerbronze shotgun undertray from them, but want to be certain they sell the genuine article.
The Powerbronze agent over here seems to think that they sell chinese made after market parts. Personally, I think he is trying to protect his own interests :).
Anyway, if you guys can recommend them, I will order from there.

Cheers.

http://superbikestore.com/bandit_1250.htm ?

I am looking at buying the Powerbronze shotgun undertray from them, but want to be certain they sell the genuine article.
The Powerbronze agent over here seems to think that they sell chinese made after market parts. Personally, I think he is trying to protect his own interests :).
Anyway, if you guys can recommend them, I will order from there.

Cheers.

I've bought several Powerbronze items from the SuperbikeStore, and they sell genuine Powerbronze products.

Same here,I just bought the fairing lowers from him and they are genuine,also good service,I had a couple of questions about something and he was very helpful.From the looks of that price I see on those lowers now,I wish I would have waited a couple of weeks before buying them but that's ok I'm very pleased with them anyway.

Think I bought 2 powerbronze shields from them. Great service.

Convinced me :).
Personally I would love to deal with the local Powerbronze agent, but he is charging more than double what I can get it for from superbikestore.com

Thanks guys :)

I ordered my bellypan undertray from powerbronze's US site and after paying found out they have to ship it to their Michigan warehouse from the UK and to be prepared for an extended wait..... About a month later got an email telling me it was in transit to the US warehouse and I would recieve a tracking number when it shipped from there.....havent gotten that email yet...I know this isnt exactly what you asked but if you considered ordering it from powerbronze directly I would advise against it...I saw the part on ebay for $159.00 and ordering it directly from the Mfg it was only $109 including shipping so I thought this was a great deal.... not so much... hope I still have the bike when the part finally arrives...

Well I finally got a tracking number and the part is scheduled to arrive at my house tomorrow... about five weeks total wait time

Received the shotgun undertail in the mail yesterday and I have to say that I am unimpressed with the quality of finish.
Plastic hanging off the edges, the LED's mounting screws do not line up with the holes in the undertail, 1 of the holes for the light is oval and the other is round. The indicator mounting bracket was bent too.
I have already purchased Powerbronze before and was happy with the quality. This one leads me to think that either they are getting sloppy, or they are not genuine parts that David is selling.
Hopefully it fits the bike ok.

Finally got it installed after a little self-convincing. Didn't realise that the original undertray had to be trimmed and re-installed though. Didn't want to carve the new bike up, but I bit the bullet and did the deed.
For those who are wanting to do it, make sure you have a bit of patience.........you're going to need it :).
The instructions from Powerbronze leave a lot to be desired and you have to use your own common sense when their instructions don't :).
Remove the original undertray (after removing seat/side panels/rear bodywork etc).
Take a look at the instructions for where to trim it back to. I allowed a little extra just in case. Mark a line across and go ahead and trim. I used a 5" grinder with a cut-off disc for a straighter cut. It should end up cut off on about the same line (vertical) as that electrical thingy hanging off the back of the battery box.
One hole on each side of the trimmed off, original undertray is needed to facilitate retainment of the shotgun part. You will need a dummy run of fitting the parts in order to mark where the holes need to be. Once marked, whip it back out and drill away. Re-fit back onto bike.
Here is where it got tricky for me.
Instructions just say to install the shotgun undertray and bodywork. Cool. Screw it together on the floor, then proceed to install on bike. No go. With the two parts joined, there is no way it will go back on. So......remove the screws and proceed to fit both the bodywork and the undertray separately.
Cool, they go on but, ****, how do I now install the screws? Impossible, as you just cannot get to the holes internally.
Thinking, thinking, thinking. Ok, a different tack. I go out and buy half a dozen panel clips. The ones that have a pin within an outer shell that when you push the centre pin in, the outer shell expands and keeps the two parts together.
You will need to either replace the connector for the brake/tail light, or do what I did and solder the wires of the two LED's together, then snip off the original rear light's connector and solder the wires from that to the shotgun lights. Some individual heat shrink over the wires, then another larger one for the length of the wires will tidy it right up.
Success finally :). Fit all other parts that had to be removed and Bob's your Uncle.
Really sets the bike off, imo. Am really glad to see the finish of it though :D.

undertail2.jpg

undertail1.jpg

Undertail.jpg

Bandito.jpg

Bandit-2.jpg

Bandit-1.jpg

Last edited:
Mannnnn thats sexy! I wanted to cut my fugly rear fender piece but was worried about rain being thrown up so didn't do it. This would help obviously! :clap:

Thanks guys. The yoshi gives out a nice, meaty sound, especially without the baffle in the end :).
Hopefully popo will leave me alone seeing how removing the mudguard 'tail' is illegal over here :(.

I remember asking once why on the hanging down portion of a BMW R11GS mudguard at the rear and was said that the mudguard had to be with in so many centimeters of the ground.

Yeah, our laws state that the guard must intersect at 45 degrees to the rear wheel axle centre. That is supposed to prevent rocks, ice, water etc. from being thrown up on following traffic :rolleyes:

I remember as a kid, we use to carry rocks in our pockets and when a car was following too close,. just ease a few out of the pockets. ;-)

Back