• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

houston to austin

Dang I was thinking San Antonio. Can't help much on H to A.

One way is to go NorthWest to Navasota then Independence, Burton, Ledbetter, Bear Creeck Rd to FM153, then Park Rd 1C to Bastrop, then FM 969 the rest of the way. FM 390 between Burton and 105 is a nice ride.

One way is to go NorthWest to Navasota then Independence, Burton, Ledbetter, Bear Creeck Rd to FM153, then Park Rd 1C to Bastrop, then FM 969 the rest of the way. FM 390 between Burton and 105 is a nice ride.

Heading in to Austin FM969 from Bastrop to Austin is way better than staying on 71, and probably costs little or no time in most cases.

If you're going to end up taking 10 to 71, I like this detour. It gets you off 10 early and has some tight to medium turns that can be fun on the bike.

http://g.co/maps/5pwqf

The Sealy, Cat Springs, Frelsberg, Fayetteville route is a good one. From there, deciding where to go depends on which end of Austin you want to go. A dualsport or GS will have more options on poorer roads like old 20 running along side 290 and the Post Oak connector between 2981 ( from Fayetteville) and 153 (Winchester.) The south end of Austin will make Park Road 1 more appropriate.

So two questions: where you goin and what you ridin?

sorry it took awhile. im riding a honda XR650L but a buddy of mine has a rally car that he takes out and hes comming too

Back