• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need hill country dual sport routes

Reaction score
My wife and I will be spending the week of March 26th in Kerrville. Can someone help me to map some fun dualsport roads while I am there? I will be riding my DRZ400.
Also, if anyone is free, it would be nice to have someone to ride with. I'm 68 but an experienced, if not particularly fast rider.
Bob Landdeck
Oklahoma City

Shoot a PM to Richard "TrailBoss" here on TWT. He has a ton of them.

Also, at one time someone had a Google map set up showing all kinds of DS routes, water crossings, food stops, gas, etc,... I can't seem to find it now though :doh: Anyone else know which one I am talking about?

Also, at one time someone had a Google map set up showing all kinds of DS routes, water crossings, food stops, gas, etc,... I can't seem to find it now though :doh: Anyone else know which one I am talking about?

Here Interactive map with roads, water crossings, and other features pinned.

I've ridden the Willow City Loop between Fredricksburg and Enchanted Rock and thought it would be a good road for a bike with decent suspension. Its paved but rough and should have a ton of wildflowers along it this year. Same goes for the Old SanAntonio Road south and east of Fredricksburg, rough pavement. The 336 Sister north of Leakey would be good with all the cattle guards to wheelie over. The road between Bandera and Tarpley would be a good dualy road. I've ridden my big Honda in the hill country in the past and think my DR 650 would be a whole lot more fun. I wish I had a way to get it down there. It would not be fun riding a stock DR between here and there. Enjoy!

Be EXTREMELY cautious crossing the moss/algae covered ford sites!!! Try the Hill Country Cafe in Kerrville. Great breakfasts!

as i sat on the stone wall in luckenbach, on sunday, i had the pleasure of visiting w/ a couple guys riding gspd's

one of them, i think his name was peter, had a spiral bound book that was full of routes & natatives

cool book

hope one of those guys reads this & responds

they did say they are twt's

shiny side up

Back