• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Assignment #76 - Small Stuff (ENTRY)

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Use this thread for posting your single entry for Assignment #76 - Small Stuff

Please refrain from commenting on photographs (yours and others) in this thread until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted without warning.

Your photograph has to have been taken between now and & Monday, March 12th midnight.

You may post only one entry, but you may change it any time until Monday, March 12th midnight.

All forum posting rules apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i19/dannyroth/th_SANY0005.jpg?t=1330896607
SANY0005.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Lots of participants this time. I don't know if I will do a proper critique justice. But I will try a little anyway.

DANNYROTH. Been a while, bud. I hear the buzzing in my ear just from looking at your photo. I can't quite make out what the mosquito is resting on, an it appears that there is bit of camera shake during the capture of the image. Overall, yes you did capture something small.

Voni: Yea! for bluebonnets. Been a while since I have seen one. Nice use of depth of field, and really nice contrasting colors. My attention is drawn to the smaller bluebonnet on the bottom left of the image. Also the composition of the subject might make for a better image in my opinion, if it was positioned to the left or right of the image and not dead center.

c0rn d0g: Nice color saturation, and also nice shallow depth of field. I wish I could see what school (A&M?) the ring represents in the image though.

1TallTXn:
Nice depth of field, nice composition & interesting subject matter. I am guessing you rested your camera on the ground for this shot, no not guessing, I am 98.5% sure that you did. The snail wasn't going to get away from too fast there was it?

tim_cannon: Nice image with nice contrast. The water droplets on the (rose?) leaves are sharp and contrast nicely with the green of the leaves. For me the sharpest focus in the image is dead center, and I feel your image can be improved with a bit of a crop to remove the dead space to the right of the leaves, well done.

tracker: Old teeth, in an old skull. Reminds me of what I might find if I take the time to keep my eyes open when i walk the woods behind the farm. Yes they are small, but I wish your image had a tad more contrast to bring out the definition between the back and front teeth. Am I right in guessing that this is a 100% crop of a larger image?

achesly: Mmmmmm... Mmmmmmm.... Good! Give these another couple of hours and they are the filling of a pie! Nice close up of the pecans, and nice use of a shallow depth of field. I would have like to seen a bit more color in the pecans, or even converted to a B&W, as it is, on my monitor the colors appear a tad muted.

jhansen: Very neat rock you got there, wish I had something to try and guess the scale/size of it. My nit pick on this is you had it position close to its back ground, which cast a hard shardow that takes your eye away from the crystals. If you pull the subject away from walls / back drops you will soften shadows.

fiddyone: Hotwheels? Neat small truck and even smaller bike in the back. If that was to scale what would those rims be in real life, 30"? I like how you placed the truck on concrete, makes you have to look twice to take it all in.

klb1122: Yep... indeed small stuff right there! I can only image how "big" they effect you. I really like lighting in this image. I also like that you took an effort to "pose" or "stage" the shot when capturing the image. You photo is in focus, no hard shadows, and has balance. Not sure if you did it on purpose or not but I even like the stripes of the "tilted" shoe trying to line up with the wicker pattern in the back ground.

M38A1: Nice capture of a Green Anole. The catch light in the eye is impressive, the highlight under the ear distract a little. I do like the color and contrast you have in the capture, overall.

Well guys, there are some really good images here this time around, and my choice is a hard one, as I really like 3 of the images as the "winner". But I can only pick one, and that one is...

No its....

wait, its.... Ugggh.. this is hard.

OK.. 1TallTXn, your up. Very nice capture of the small snail you captured to look grand!

later,
Duke

Camera was resting on my fingers which were in turn resting on the ground. Camera directly on the ground wasn't quite what I wanted.

I sure didn't expect to win :eek2:

Now I've gotta come up with something for a topic for next time :ponder:

Back