• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Urgent Need for Platelet Donations for Sasha

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Our scheduled donor was not able to give due to some technicality at the center, and I am now urgently looking for a B- or O- donor who would be able to give platelets for Sasha some time tomorrow. Gulf Coast Center said they are open tomorrow at least at their main facility at 1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, Texas 77054 (1-888-482-5663) and through the city so there may be a more convenient location to give.

You'll need Sasha's full name and record number:

Name: Alexandra Dvorak
DOB: 10/22/96
Hospital: Texas Childrens
Medical Record #: 8790980

Please call me first if you are able to go at 713-291-4915. This is really the home stretch, another one or two weeks and she won't need any more transfusions!!!

Thank you guys so very much!

Yuliya

Nope. +rh factor will not work with a -rh. I'm guessing she is B- since you are looking for that or O- (universal donor) :(

OK, I didn't know, When my daughter needed platelettes, I donated, she is o-, i am o+, Thought if I could help out I would, i know what it is to need some for a child

:tab I think Sasha got what she needed. One of the Houstonsportbikenetwork.com members stepped up to the plate. So cool to have such a large extended family to help out in a time of need!

Back