• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Go Pro Hero vs Hero 2

Reaction score
I am about to purchase my first video camera to be used on the bike. I am curious as to what improvements where made from the Go Pro Hero to the Hero 2? What is that extra $100 buying me? I read somewhere that the 2 was getting a new lense, did that help reduce the fish eye effect? Did sound quality improve?

I'm not dead set on the Go Pro it just seems that they have a stellar reputation with a quality product. I prefer the smaller packages of some of their competitors but am unsure of their longevity, quailty and accessories availability. So if you have their competitors product I'd like to hear from you as well.

Once you get your Google-Fu green belt you'll be able to find stuff like this:....
:argh: Ok, I would feel like an idiot now but I posted the samething on another forum this morning with more traffic and while I had more responses the substance was not as good.:mrgreen:

Thanks a bunch the link especialy had some great information.:thumb:

biggest difference i have seen from the hero to the hero2 has been the low lighting filming... the hero was grainy, the hero 2 seems much better form the vids that i have seen.... including the one posted above...

Hero2 can be set to not be wide-angle.
Also, looking at footage, the Hero2 is sharper and has better low-light response.

Menu and screen quality are improved as well.

I have a HD Hero and am wanting to add a Hero2 to my collection.

Back