• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Campsites around kerrville?

hizzo3

Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Feagins
I am heading down with a coworker and his group at the end of the month to spread his good friend's ashes, then stay in kerrville and then run the twisted sisters in memorandum. Anyone have any suggested campsites? I don't feel like paying for a room, plus money saved is gear earned right?

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

There is Garner State Park. It is south of Leakey, and very close to the 3 Sisters. It is a bit of a hike to Kerrville, but a great ride.

Lost Maples SP is pretty close, right by 337...

Blanco SP, Inks Lake SP. But if you want to be smack in the middle of the Three Sisters, you just can't beat Garner or Lost Maples.

Garner SP is one of the best in Texas. And we have alot of great ones. Clear rivers flows through awesome scenery. Can be busy that time of year.

Koyote Ranch is also very nice with a cool outdoor Bar area and store.

Lost Maples definitely has the advantage of being out of the way enough that it doesn't get quite as much traffic - try to pull a trailer into that area, & you'll see why. Also, their traditional busy time is in the fall when the maple leaves are turning.

I thought I saw a small private campground about a mile or so south of Lost Maples? Give the Lone Star Museum a call. Its nearby and maybe they know of it?

Back