• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas ???

Reaction score
Starting the 12th of dec I am taking 4 weeks off from work. I am going to take a few day trips up to Arkansas. My question to you is there any roads that you feel are a must ride, best rout, and gota stop and eat here. I am looking for input on this. I will prob ride up during the week (not sure when) but if you want to come let me know what day would work for you. We can go together. I am only going to make day trips out of it due to wife would rather me not be gone for a week or so at a time. (I do enough traveling at work and I can get away for a day at a time but not sure if I want to piss her off this close to x-mass)

Hi Stinky, gotta try the talihina skyline drive. Around 40 miles of great curves and hills that follows the mountain crest. Stop by the Queen Wilhemina (sp) Lodge. Great place to eat/stay. Should be able to do search and get best directions from your area. I usually go to Talihina OK and start Hwy 1 there.

Where are you day-tripping from Stinky?

The best riding is in northern Arkansas. It's difficult to make it up there and back in one day.

Ditto the Talimena on the Ok/Ark border.

Care to go a little farther North?

AR23 North of I-40 & Ozark, becomes the Pig Trail when it runs through the National Forest. Twisty and a few switchbacks under a canopy of trees.

North on 23 to Huntsville, try Granny's Kitchen... THE best waffles on the planet.

Also in the area... AR16 between AR23 and AR7 and North on 7 to Jasper in very nice. Try the Ozark Cafe on the town square for a nice meal. People watching is fun, they're stuck in the 70's, maybe even the late 60's. I remember my parents dressing like that. As Roy Orbison cranks out on the speaker system. :)

AR7 in the area, the Buffalo National River, is nice down to about Dover. It get kinda bland for a while and then picks up again as you approach Hot Springs.

Short but sweet, AR74 East from Jasper is really nice.

A little nice road that crosses the Pig Trail, 215 runs East/West and is a nice diversion.

Also check out AR16, AR21, and AR123 in the same general area. Can you tell I like this part of the Ozark National Forest!?!

Another one that's a must do, cause everyone will ask if you've done it, is the Mount Magazine National Scenic Byway. South of I-40, just a ways East from Mena, look at your map and find Boonville, East to Havana and turn North on 309 and run it to Paris. Now tell everyone... Been there done that!

I've got more if you need...

Back