• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sawmill Grill - Magnolia, TX

scratch

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Massie
What: The Sawmill Grill is a modest little country grill tucked into the woods of southern Montgomery County. The menu consists of sandwiches, burgers, chicken-fried steak and chicken-fried whole boneless chicken breast. That last item is what I sampled, but the burgers some of the other patrons were eating looked really good. My chicken had a nice light batter, was very moist and not greasy at all. It beat KFC by a pretty solid margin. The meal came with a huge pile of fries (again, hot & not too greasy), Texas toast and included a trip to their small but fresh and well-stocked salad bar. Drinks served are sodas, tea, coffee and beer. Prices are very fair.

The service was friendly and prompt, though there were only about 5 or 6 other people there at any given time during my visit. The atmosphere is a mix of "country cute" with a little ice-house. It's actually done-up pretty well on the inside; not too tacky but not dark & bar-like either. There's an open-air deck in back, with a pool table, dart boards & jukebox inside opposite the dining area. The men's room is a 3-holer, which is nice. ;-)

Where:
23713 Nichols Sawmill Rd
Hockley, TX 77447 (it's actually closer to Magnolia)
(281) 259-8281

Directions: Located just west of the intersection of Roberts Cemetary Road and Nichols Sawmill Road about 100 yards from Mike's Country Store. From Magnolia at FM 1774, head south on Nichols Sawmill Road. From Tomball, go west on FM 2920 to Roberts Cemetary Road and turn right (north). From anywhere else, better go to Google Maps here.

Side note: The Sawmill might make a good alternate meet location for the weekly Tuesday night PO's event... :ponder:

Back