• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TRH Skull Creek Restart Enduro 3/18/12

ltw9r

Reaction score
This is my 1st Ride Report... Hope you enjoy... :doh:

[ame="http://vimeo.com/39031659"]Skull Creek 3.18.12 on Vimeo[/ame]

We Just started riding (8 and 14 yr old boys and I)... but last Sunday I took all of us up to the TRH restart enduro at Skull Creek.... None of us had ever run before, none of us knew what to expect.... But we still went out and tried to run.... I want the kids to get out and ride... There is more out there to do than just riding the lot next door...

The morning run was the short track, (kids and women scored) everyone else (afternoon riders) just had to finish... It was too much for my 8yr old... he crashed about 20 times (he will tell you 40 times :rofl: ), got stuck all over the place etc... My 14 yr old had a difficult time too... about 10 incidents for him (he will tell you he was perfect and never made a mistake :lol2: ).... I had a good crash too (watch the video)... :doh: The track was a lot harder than I expected for Corbin (youngest), but he kept his head high and gave it his all...

My 8 yr old called it quits about 6-7 miles in on the morning 10 mile run.... He tried as hard as he could... I dropped out with him to take him back to camp... My 14 yr old finished the morning run, but missed a check point.... :giveup:

I was dead tired, and wore out from the morning run, (from constantly picking up bikes and restarting them) and did not run the afternoon run.. we returned so late from the morning, we only had about 10 minutes before the afternoon run (20-25 miles)... My oldest ran the afternoon but dropped out a few miles into it.....

Was it fun? Yes!!

Were we in over our heads? Yes!!

Would we do it again? In a heartbeat!

Results from the race? We all finished dead last in our class.... :rofl:

Did my wife want to kill me after seeing the Go-pro video of my 8 yr old son riding? Yes!!

Did we give my other friends a hard time who would not come out? Yes... I even had the 8yr old talking trash to them... :lol:

Here is a faster video from Sunday showing more of the track.... Its not mine...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jpyFllwc5k"]Dirt Bike Fun, Enduro race on a CRF 150R. - YouTube[/ame]

That'll be a cool video to show at the 2025 National Enduro Awards Ceremony, when Corbin gets his Championship trophy...

I'm glad y'all had a good time, no better way to spend a day than making memories with your kids.

That'll be a cool video to show at the 2025 National Enduro Awards Ceremony, when Corbin gets his Championship trophy...

I'm glad y'all had a good time, no better way to spend a day than making memories with your kids.

I agree!

The memories with the kids will last forever.... Its nice to be able to something with the kids.... Now if I could just get my wife to ride....

I agree!

The memories with the kids will last forever.... Its nice to be able to something with the kids.... Now if I could just get my wife to ride....

Start by bringing her to events where she can see that other "normal" ladies ride. She might get the bug.

Back