• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1250 Passanger comfort ????

Reaction score
I love the 1250 Bandit almost as much as my wife hates it. She keeps sputtering off about needing a GoldWing .... not going to happen.... so that leave me/her with only one option... make the Bandito ride able for her .... its great for me already. :rider:

In her defense she has rode some pretty questionable rear seats, notably an 85 Yamaha RZ 500, so she is quite aware of what not to look for in comfort, I nearly feel off the bike when she first told me the Bandit was worse than the 2 stroke racer :eek2: I have a 13 year old who rides often with me, I almost cried when she validated that the back seat was a cruel and unusual form of torture.

I haven't touched anything except for the seat, currently using Corben Holeshot. I do have the Givi topcase with backrest. There doesn't seem to be an issue with space it seems to be more of an issue with leg room and *** pains. Both my daughter and wife are approx 5'1 so leg room shouldn't be a big issue but could be contributing to poor posture.

There must be something or things i can modify/change to help cut down the back seat noise. I love the bike, but can do without the back seat noise.
newfiebandit

newfiebandit

I have exactly the same problem; none of my pillions can stand the Bandit.

When I get a bit of free time I am going to pay a visit to a metal fabricator and have a couple of extensions made up for the pillion rests. Basically a 3" piece of steel bar which fits in the existing peg mount and has another peg mount at the end. It will be angled out about 1" from the standard mount to give a bit of clearance on the exhaust side. It should move the pegs forward and down around 2"; next step is to take off the seat cover and scoop a small amount of foam out of the middle so the pillion has a 'pocket' to sit in as all my passengers complain that the seat slopes and they keep sliding forward. The bar fabrication should cost <$100. (I can't simply move the whole footrest unit forward on a plate like a lot of people have done as the Givi bags use the mount as well.)

I have the stock can and I'm not sure if the peg will clear and if it does then you are looking at where the boot heel will rest on the can?

I have the stock can and I'm not sure if the peg will clear and if it does then you are looking at where the boot heel will rest on the can?

Ah, you're probably right -- I hadn't sat down and looked at it closely. Scratch that idea.

trey

Ok, no Goldwings...

I don't think much can be done on the Bandit to make pillion comfort much better than what it already is.

How about a nice used ST1300 for two-up duties?
I owned one, they're a great all around bike, and pillion comfort is good (especially if you get a backrest, a removable stealth one like I had is nice)

The bandit can remain your solo mount, fun all around machine.

The ST1300 can be the two-up, fun all around machine.

EF

My wife hasn't complained much about the comfort on the bandit , especially after fittting a suzuki gel seat and lowering her pegs with a bracket similar to the one in the above link. You can rotate the exhaust can down a smidge to accomadate the lower hanger. Barely noticeable to me.
Her main complaint now is the tall height of the bandit when she has to climb on and off it , so i told her to lose some weight and get in shape.. hey!! now i find myself riding alone more !! :lol2:..... and sleeping alone and cooking my own meals

I had the same problem and even sold my bandit and bought an FJR and then a C-14 to make us both happy... did not like the FJR - loved the C-14 but it was a little heavy and hot (2008) for my needs.

bought back my same bandit and did the following, the wife is totally happy now.

to get rid of buffeting and wind must have robobracket and the largest screen they make - or as I have a Vstream from an FJR and I also have a Vstream from a goldwing ( which is huge)

reverse footpegs - takes a little work but gives a couple inches more room. Also need to use a bracket ( sold by holeshot-- but I found something else to use - which will hang muffler to reduce vibes)

lastly need a good seat. I got a Russell and could not be happier.

Don't give up on the bandit - it is a great bike that is cheap enough that you can spend some $ to make it what you want.

also I tried 3-4 handlebars until I got a real comfortable pair - along with risers...

also put a nice pad on my cargo case for her

GOod luck

I am looking for options to improve passenger comfort when using Givi bags. It doesn’t look like moving the passenger footpeg bracket forward like shown in the earlier posts will work as the front part of the Givi bag mounts attach to the footpeg bracket.

If I do move the brackets forward, then I'll have to fab another bracket to move to attach to the Givi rack mounting points. Since this has a lot of stress it would have to be pretty beefy. Has anyone done this yet?

Has anyone found a footpeg that moves the rear pegs down and forward? Something like the Buell pegs but for the rear would be nice. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like the Buell ones will work because of their width. I could mount the pegs to straddle the bracket (partly in and partly out) instead of totally within the bracket. If I do that I’ll lose the ability to fold the pegs up.

So any options that don’t cost an arm and a leg?

Back