• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

10 Photos from this past weekend...

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
... photoshoot with my niece.

DSC3532-L.jpg

DSC2437-XL.jpg

DSC2498-L.jpg

DSC2511-XL.jpg

DSC2542-L.jpg

DSC2809-L.jpg

DSC3086-XL.jpg

DSC3122-L.jpg

DSC3134-L.jpg

DSC3345-L.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. It has been a journey for me on learning how to move from taking "snapshots" to executing photographs.

My nieces school hired a pro to come and take team photos, and I am surprised at the quality (well, lack of quality) of the delivered product from the pro. I have no desire to make this a paying gig that I have to feed myself with, but seriously am surprised to what parents/students are paying good money for.

Thanks again for the confidence reinforcement!

Duke,

Fantastic pictures...I think you are one of the best photographers on TWTEX. I assume you are not a professional, so it is even more impressive.

You capture the beauty and athleticism of the young woman perfectly.

RB

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent shots IMO. Very impressive. I've got nothing else to say. :lol2:

Really?!? I was thinking D700...

Nope. Duke's shots above are all out of the D90 platform according to EXIF information. Nice glass, but still on a D90. Probably one of Nikon's most under-rated bodies for the money. That's why I hang on to mine. It simply just works well.

I love the soft lighting on #3. How fast were you shooting on the slide?

Good stuff! I was expecting static shots but the action shots and variety are terrific! :thumb:

I love them! They are all very good photos but I keep seeing the trash can in the second shot. With that said, I still think the secont photo is a money shot.

Duke,

Fantastic pictures...I think you are one of the best photographers on TWTEX. I assume you are not a professional, so it is even more impressive.

You capture the beauty and athleticism of the young woman perfectly.

RB

Wow RB, I am humbled! Thank you very much, however I am in very good company here on TWT, as it is they who taught me how to shoot with a modern DSLR!

Sort of amazing what that little crop-body D90 is capable of, huh? :deal: :trust:

Yep! Yes it is, errr has been...... :trust:

Nope. Duke's shots above are all out of the D90 platform according to EXIF information. Nice glass, but still on a D90. Probably one of Nikon's most under-rated bodies for the money. That's why I hang on to mine. It simply just works well.

The D90 has proved to be a very good camera for me. The D700 and D7000 came about and have over shadowed it, but yes, the D90 has been a very good camera.

It has taken me a while but I finally have some good glass to go with the camera, and yes, good glass makes taking photos easier. Not saying good photos can't be taken with kit lenses, but man'o man what a difference good lenses make. This photo shoot I used mostly a 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8 VR II, and 11-16 2.8, I even used a 105 2.8 VR for the ring pic.

I love the soft lighting on #3. How fast were you shooting on the slide?

Thanks, the lighting came from an amazon el'cheapo reflector & diffuser kit from Amazon for less than 15 bucks delivered.

For the sliding shot, I was shooting at 1/1250th at f2.8. No I should not have been at 2.8, but I was hoping to get a "blurry" background.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-110CM-Collapsible-Multi-Disc-Reflector/dp/B002ZIMEMW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT11?ie=UTF8&coliid=I194YCMFYHSAV1&colid=CRKGE96CYLQ6"]
51EEKZdAcOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
[/ame]

Good stuff! I was expecting static shots but the action shots and variety are terrific! :thumb:

Thanks Chuck, I appreciate it.

I love them! They are all very good photos but I keep seeing the trash can in the second shot. With that said, I still think the secont photo is a money shot.

Janet, you are 100% correct... I did not see the trash can at all until you mentioned it. Arrrggghhh.... now it is all I see! You are spot on by the way, and that helps :chug:

Awesome! I had seen the trashcan also, but, also saw the bleachers, shadows, sign, light poles, etc as I studied the whole picture. Was just part of the area to me. I focused on the lady 1st of all , then drifted to the environment about her. Great job. Loved the dirt flying action shot.

Beautiful shots! :thumb: :clap:

Take shot #4, flip 180* on the vertical plane, give it to her mom, and watch mom flip out :lol2:

I'm wanting a DSLR and my Dad's D90 keeps drawing me. even though it's "old" and "outdated"

I am nobody's idea of a photographer myself, but I can appreciate good shots when I see them.
IMHO one of the great skills of photographers is the ability to show the subject (whatever that may be) in a way that makes the viewer relate, and you have achieved that beautifully.
Thanks for sharing.

Back