• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie all around

Tripp

Reaction score
Howdy All, My name is Tripp and I'm a newbie all around. New to bikes, new to sport and new to board.

I met Tourmiester today and struck conversation about bikes. I have just purchased my first bike (79 Yamaha 750 Special). It is currently dead and in desperate need of Resurection. I look forward to the task and am extremely excited about riding. Drawback; wife is not totally convinced of sanity. :?

:tab I think that is the case with most wives when it comes to their husbands. Most just learn to deal with it ;-) It helps to use the force on them and convert them to the bike side *insert evil maniacal laugh* Worked for me :shrug:

:tab Welcome to the site!

Adios,

I tried that when I bought my first BMW pseudo sport bike(K75s). We had just gotten back from Mexico, she enjoyed scooting around on the little honda scooters. So I bought her one for Christmas. That was 1987. It has not run in over 10 years. It has 115 miles on it.

The good news is, I am going to get it running for my girls to ride now...

Just to clarify. By girls, I meant my two daughters. Not to be confused with someone who might be in the adult entertainment industry...

I figure with a little time and some sweet talk and some more money, I can get her on a Gold Wing some day. I think that she would fell more comfortable on something like that. But for now it's time for me to play around and learn the ins and outs :wink:

I think it really helps to get comfortable and develop good riding skills before adding a passenger. They car really change the dynamics of how the bike handles.

If you haven't taken one of the MSF courses, I would highly recommend it.

If further down the road you decide you are going to be doing a lot of riding double, you might consider taking one of the courses they offer specifically for riding with a passenger.

:tab One of the track classes is specifically geared towards riding two up. That would be fun to do butyour passenger would really have to trust you and be in sync with you hehe. I'd love to get Beth out on the track. Hopefully, sometime next year I can get her into a trackday. I just wish I had a better bike than her VFR for her to use :-?

Adios,

Back