PDA

View Full Version : 1971 CT1 Yahama 175cc Questions

landman650r
04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I found one for sale for $995.

The bike is in running order...apparently everything works and runs fine. Not sure on mileage(a bike this old, I dont really pay attention to mileage anyways---speedo might not work right anyways).

As I've never even ridden or seen a bike like this but it's right in the cafe racer style / part enduro look I like (i.e. triumph scrambler)...I'm thinkin about picking it up.

Any of yall owned one? If so, what are your thoughts etc for a bike, just kinda to run around town. Also...I would def be willing to do DS trips on it.

Pic below is identical....obviously, this one will have more wear...but the same paint/model.

SilverBullet
04-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Cafe racer style? Not sure where you get that from. Just a year or two before they started fitting plastic fenders. This is a pure enduro bike and a good one also for that era. Strong runner and reliable, just make sure the oil injection is functioning or else you'll fry the motor very quick without 2 stroke oil.

_

CBRider
04-05-2012, 08:23 PM
I had a brand new one in 1971 when I was 16. I really loved that bike! It was my only transportation then (well, except my Mom!). I rode it to school every morning, and then to work in the afternoons. I think back then brand new it was about $600. Of course gas was only about 40 cents a gallon!

A couple of years later when I got a car, I stripped it down and used it exclusively on dirt, even racing motocross with it. When I was done with that bike it was completely used up!

But it's not a cafe racer. :eek2:

humanrace
04-05-2012, 09:03 PM
I had one. Rode it to work and school. Played on it. Fouled spark plugs on a fairly regular basis. $995.00 is definitely more than it cost new. My 1970 model 250 was $695.00 out the door.

landman650r
04-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Cafe racer style? Not sure where you get that from. Just a year or two before they started fitting plastic fenders. This is a pure enduro bike and a good one also for that era. Strong runner and reliable, just make sure the oil injection is functioning or else you'll fry the motor very quick without 2 stroke oil.

_

cafe is anything naked and light. Such as old enduros....slap street tires on it and some clip ons and you're a cafe.

landman650r
04-06-2012, 12:24 AM
basically i was torn between a cafe racer and a scrambler/bonneville. This is just something that popped up.

Ayers Garage
04-06-2012, 03:15 PM
I have one. There is a build thread on it right below this thread.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69366

o_matic
04-06-2012, 06:19 PM
just make sure the oil injection is functioning or else you'll fry the motor very quick without 2 stroke oil.
_

Yes, definitely do this. I learned this the hard way on a 1969 Kawasaki A7.