• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Horn mount cover plate

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
After removing the stock horn from my bike over 3 years ago, I had been staring at the ugly looking mounting bracket on the left front downtube, which I at least had screwed a polished S/S button head screw into the threaded hole.

I had originally planed to cut it off and repaint the section of the frame, but I kept trying to figure out something good to use the bracket for, so thats when I finally decided to try and come up with something to make the horn mounting bracket disappear, and make the whole area look better in the process. So after drawing up several different covers for the horn mounting bracket, I first machined a small cover that I really didn’t end up liking after I installed it, and took it off.

So I went back and refined several larger designs I had drawn up, and came up with this cover plate machined out of a piece of 1/8” thick aluminum, and after machining slots in it and shaping it, I powder coated it in semi-gloss black, then placed a piece of .03 thick polished S/S sheet metal to the back side to highlight the slots, which I have done on a lot of other similar pieces on my bike.

I’m prettty pleased with how it looks, and it fills in the area well, and helps to hide the area between the back of the radiator and the cylinder head, as well as blocking off a lot of the view of the fan shroud, and of course it completely hides the horn mount. I made the angle on the bottom follow the angle on the header, and I may make another one with a curve on the bottom that follows the shape of the header pipe a little more, but for now I’ll look at this one for awhile and decide if I'll change the design slightly. This isn't a best picture of how it looks, so I'm going to take a few more pictures of it outside in better light and post them up, as this pix does not do it justice. :rider:

018.jpg

Back