• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need dimensions of Sargent (Bandit 1250) seat, rider and pillion

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Does anyone have the rough dimensions of the rider and pillion areas of a standard height Sargent seat? I found a hunk of sheepskin that I am not sure there is enough there to do both areas.

Could someone be so kind as to measure the seating area?

For the rider area:
How long from the nose of rider sear to the backrest area?
How wide at the widest point?

For the pillion area:
How far from the seam where the rider's seat ends to the back of the seating area?
How wide at the widest point?

Re: Need dimesions of Sargent seat, rider and pillion

I have a Sargent on my Strom and can measure that for you. But wouldn't it depend on what bike the seat is built for?

Yes, it would. I altered my title of the original post to reflect the Bandit 1250 version. I figured asking in the Bandit forum would be enough but then I remembered about different generations of Bandits.

I think the seating area of my Vee was close to my Bandit (1250) but I think the pillion area of the Vee might be a touch smaller than the Bandit. Then again it might be deceiving since I lost over 50 lbs since the last time I rode the Vee. Wait, I just did the math, It is almost 90lbs! OMG my Vee is going to seem huge and more powerful the next time I ride it but I digress.

Your Vee dimensions might be close enough for me to see if the sheepskin is big enough. I don't have a motorcycle handle to measure at the moment. I am on a business trip and can't measure anything. Sargent has absolutely nothing on their website other than weight.

Okay, here it is. For the rider area:
Length (not including the backrest slope) = 14"
Width = 16"

For pillion area:
Length (from the rider's seat seam) = 9.5"
Width = 13".

And in case it helps you to have these two factoids, between rider & pillion seat:
- Rider's backrest = 2"
- Area between backrest & rear seam of rider's seat = 2"

Hope that all helps.

Hope the sheepskin works out. Yesterday, I manufactured a seat cushion out of an old Z-Rest backpacker's sleeping pad. Hope to road test it over the next 2 days. If it works out, I'll post a picture later this week.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I think the sheepskin will be big enough. I'll pick it up and cut to fit if they still have it when I go back.

That pillion area is definitely small. They must think women have really tiny butts. Not my wife that is for sure. For the sake of keeping my butt out of hot water (and my wife sometimes reads my posts). Dear, if you are reading this, your butt may not be tiny but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Back