• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chain guard .

Tasi

Reaction score
Why is the chain guard so far from the chain .Look at the front it measures
a space of 50 mm .My Aprilia is 15mm space.
IMG_3587.jpg

Finished .Now if you had a gold chain you could leave the mesh out and show
off the chain more .
IMG_3805.jpg

Why don't you try a totally enclosed chain running in an oil bath? Think what it would do for chain and sprocket life! And It could be made entirely of teh carbon fibaz!!! :trust:

I started to make a round tube (poly)with foam in center with a grease nipple .
The idea being the chain runs through the tube and gets cleaned and oiled at the same
time .I 'm due for a new chain so its on hold so i can feed the chain through the tube .
Sounds good idea in theory but we will see ,may look bad or just not work .
Any thoughts ?

Grows on you ,like a wart Todd ?;-)

Grows on you ,like a wart Todd ?;-)

LOL I didn't say that.;-)

I used to have an XV1000 that had an enclosed chain. It was a great idea in my opinion. It had concertina type rubbers top and bottom for easy adjustment. Chain ran in a constant oil bath. If I was a chain , that's where I'd be.

Ps. I get my new bike in a few months, so I'll be down for a scone run :) .

Last edited:
LOL I didn't say that.;-)

I used to have an XV1000 that had an enclosed chain. It was a great idea in my opinion. It had concertina type rubbers top and bottom for easy adjustment. Chain ran in a constant oil bath. If I was a chain , that's where I'd be.

Ps. I get my new bike in a few months, so I'll be down for a scone run :) .

My '82 Yamaha XV920 RJ was the same way. Loved it.

I 'm due for a new chain so its on hold so i can feed the chain through the tube .

Looking at your adjusters and mine I don't see how!? I know there is more then just the adjusters such as stiff chain, etc. but mine are about 2x as much out as yours more or less! :giveup:

THats because i took links out of my chain to shorten it .I have no
idea why they made the chain so loooooong .Well i do ,but dont agree with it .

I was looking at your wheels as well as the chain guard. Did you strip the paint and polish them? I hate black wheels on a bike, so I am wanting to do something similar.

Love the wheels. I prefer the chain guard mod version you initially posted.

Back