• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

D/FW ride to Franconia Brewery in McKinney?

Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
So, El Fenix and I were talking about the possibility of putting together a ride one Saturday morning in May to attend a tour of the Franconia Brewery in McKinney...

And from there, I'm fresh out of ideas and don't ride the North Dallas area much...

Anyone have any suggestions for a meet-up point and possible route other than slab?

:giveup: :sun:

Franconia Brewery
495 McKinney Parkway
McKinney, TX 75071

I would be down for that, I know of a few roads out east of there towards lake Lavon. I've gotten lost out there to find some new roads and been on a few group rides out there.

We were wanting to do it on Saturday, May 12th. The tour starts at 11am sharp, so I figured maybe we could meet someplace central around 10 and ride over together... Or we could just all meet at the Brewery?

We were wanting to do it on Saturday, May 12th. The tour starts at 11am sharp, so I figured maybe we could meet someplace central around 10 and ride over together... Or we could just all meet at the Brewery?

Sounds good.

Alright guys, I just asked off work, as I normally work Saturdays. I may have a flu *cough cough* if the request doesnt get approved through normal means :)

Alright guys, I just asked off work, as I normally work Saturdays. I may have a flu *cough cough* if the request doesnt get approved through normal means :)

Isn't it funny how that happens?

So yeah, what do you guys think? Just keep it simple and meet at the brewery? Or try and set up a time/place to meet and ride over together? Or a mixture of both? (sorry, can you tell I'm a "planner"?) :lol2:

Let me get some maps in front of me. I will make a proposition here in a second.

What I was thinking, was we all meet up ride to the brewery, and do a ride after the tour. 455 is nearby...ect.

Anyone wanna meet early, do some ridin, THEN hit the brewery?

High 5 cycles near 635 and 75 is having an open house that day if guys wanna go. If we wanna ride East around Lavon and swing back in that may work.

I'm still in for the tour, but it's looking less likely for the ride after. I've been informed that some elderly family is coming over Saturday for Mother's Day dinner, and that it is in my best interests to be home in the early afternoon. :(

High 5 cycles near 635 and 75 is having an open house that day if guys wanna go. If we wanna ride East around Lavon and swing back in that may work.

Sounds cool, we could also include that in the tentative plans and whoever was interested could go. I'm not sure how much of that afternoon I'll be able to commit to, but we'll see.

I'll probably post up an official thread for Saturday's ride tonight or tomorrow...

I am in. This is for the 12th? Maybe we could hit up some of the county roads east of McKinney

Sent via VZN Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cool. I may try and wash the strom before then. Don't want to be the only dirty bike out there ;)

Sent via VZN Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back