• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New PR2s but rain in the forecast. Doh!

Reaction score
Was gonna go out Friday/Saturday and looks like chance of rain! New PR2s plus rain is a nono. I recall them taking over 300 miles till they felt "sticky" of course after the 1st 5 miles anything is a improvement! :doh:

Was gonna go out Friday/Saturday and looks like chance of rain! New PR2s plus rain is a nono. I recall them taking over 300 miles till they felt "sticky" of course after the 1st 5 miles anything is a improvement! :doh:

I didn't have a real problem in the rain after the 1st 50 miles...course I broke'em in dry. The PR3s seem to have better wet stickyness. I still take it real easy even after break in. Don't like rain that much.

I've had to ride out of a shop into rain a few times in my travels on brand new tires. The tires of today have come a long way from 10 to 15 years ago. Just take it easy and use common sense. Be really smooth and avoid any paint or metal in corners or while braking. Tis gonna be okay. I've been know to hunt rain storms in the Summer just to cool off. ;-)

Hrm, today is thursday...seems like plenty of time to get em scrubbed in before the rain hits. :mrgreen:

Yeah thought about it but then the front tire!? bahhhhhh. Might sand it a bit weather is already changing on Saturday for the worst! =/

Back