• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Memory size check on Garmin 60cx

Reaction score
I spend hours playing with this. I still couldn't figure out how to check the memory level. I want to make sure I have enough memory to store waypoint/markers/etc.

I spend hours playing with this. I still couldn't figure out how to check the memory level. I want to make sure I have enough memory to store waypoint/markers/etc.

Your post isn't totally clear (to me) but maybe this will help:

Remove the micro sd card and read the number on it. Last time I checked on this unit with the latest software update it was taking a 4gb micro sd card.

That's a lot of memory for what you're looking to do with it.

For whatever reason Garmin doesn't usually limit Waypoints, saved tracks and routes on the basis of available memory. So for the 60cx you can save up to 1000 Waypoints, 20 Tracks of 500 points each and 50 Routes. You will be limited on the detailed map sections from Mapsource that you can load, that is where the SD card comes into play.

Along with what TP stated, I hope this helps.

I used to have one of these and thought you could use something in the settings menus to tell you what was used and what was available.

If not that. Plug it into the computer, and open the map installer. There is a bar on the bottom of the screen which indicates how much free space is available vs what's used.

Back