• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #81 - Self Portrait (COMMENTS)

Reaction score
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Burleson
Use this thread for posting your comments, and/or current/prior work for Assignment #81: "Self Portrait".

As phototgraphers we spend most of our time behind the camera. For this assignment I want everyone to get in front of their camera. Compose the scene, set your self timer (or use your remote trigger), and get into the frame. Your whole body does not need to be in the shot, but I will require at least one eye. :mrgreen: The goal is to not be touching your camera when the picture is taken. This may make using a cell phone camera impossible, although there may be an app for that. For all entries I will be trusting that you 1) took the picutre yourself and 2) are not touching the camera when the shutter goes off. I will be looking for composition and creativity. Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

You MAY provide a simple title to your image if you believe text is necessary to set the context of your submission.

Two wheeled content is not required for this assignment.

Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, or even film; all shooters are welcome. Post processing is allowed for this assignement. All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

Your photograph has to have been taken between now and Monday, May 21st at midnight.

Some examples:
7019991405_fdc13e4fc7_c.jpg

7072465985_db23fe0834_c.jpg

7164646486_77eb06b8a1_c.jpg

7164647074_21bc2e6d7d_c.jpg

7164647472_7fd0b5f38d_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Photo Assignment #81 - Self Portrait (Comments)

104_0442_800.jpg

Re: Photo Assignment #81 - Self Portrait (Comments)

875978206_wHCtp-M.jpg

501348194_6YtnN-M-1.jpg

I'm having crazy thoughts of a GoPro and a helium balloon... :ponder:

Welcome, Mac. You're certainly following the rules. Don't forget to pick your favorite and post it in the entry thread before the deadline. :thumb:

the last one is great; captures "you" and made me smile.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Here is one from last winter trying out my new Olympus Pen E-PL1 with 12 second delay and a tripod. It has more features than I will ever use, but maybe these contests will make me stretch.

P1170183.jpg

This was a few years ago, holding a camera on the other side of a door.

9032_1148616204156_1490113172_30471566_744502_n.jpg

But my favorite has to be this one on the Oregon coast. Another motorcyclist traveling with his family in an SUV turned around and came back to take this picture with my camera so that I could be in it. Not a self-portrait, but this is a motorcycle forum.

oregon-coast-haystacks.jpg

An expurgated version of that trip was written up in American Motorcyclist. You can read the full article here. Click on the pictures for larger pictures.

My entry
f8da4d9f.jpg

And the one my wife wouldn't stop laughing at
580dc3ce.jpg

I love the lighting on my face on this one, but messed up the background
6758e40a.jpg

Last edited:
Back