• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heated Grips

erda

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with throttle locks and heated grips? I was thinking of either the Oxford or Hot Grips heated grip and a Kaoko throttle lock. (Or are the mylar ones that attach under your grips better?)
I know that for most, this might seem like a silly time of year to ask this question, but for those of us who ride in the Rockies of Canada ...

I have experience with this. I have the BMW factory grips and a Kaoko and YES, when you run the grips the lock acts a little differently. It feels like the heated grip expands just a bit and engages the throttle lock a little more/tighter than when the grip is off. Not a deal breaker, but something to be aware of.

Ditto on my '95 and '02 BMW R11** GS 's . But with Throttlemiesers.

Not only do i have heated grips on my bike i invented the heated traffic bat .:lol2:
Small 12v battery hooks onto wires .Toasty .:eek2:( it works well )
IMG_3849.jpg

I have the Oxford Sport heated grips and the kaoke throttle lock. Use the grips almost daily (still chilly SoCal mornings before sunrise, plus I just like them...) Don't use the throttle lock much, as I'm mostly commuting in traffic. Had the throttle lock on my V-Strom and transferred it over to the Bandit. Works fine. I don't think it would be a problem with heated grips, as the throttle lock loosens when rolling off the throttle, so if it gets tighter with heat it shouldn't matter.

I think the V-Strom handguards make a big difference keeping my hands warm.

Back