• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Zebras in the Mist

Reaction score
Sadly, the Grapeland Safari Park is out of business, but they still have some pot-bellied pigs
and a herd of Zebras. Twice a day, I drive by. Rarely do the Zebras come close to US 287. Rarely is there mist on the meadow. Not a great picture, but something that one does not see every day.

P5200312.jpg

If you could have gotten right up to the game fence, that would look just like an African safari photo...

If you could have gotten right up to the game fence, that would look just like an African safari photo...

You are absolutely correct. There are two fences. A human fence and a game fence. The temptation was strong, but at age 64, overweight and out of shape, I'm not nimble enough to spring over the first fence to poke my camera lens through the second fence. Plus, the zebras were already becoming skittish because I had stopped and gotten out of my vehicle. You can see that they are beginning to move away.

We took our grandchildren through the safari park several times. They loved it. I got to see it every day. And you could drive around the south side and east side on an unpaved county road. I hate that they went out of business. The drought last year was the kiss of death.

Back