• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Last Minute Plans: Impromptu Ride today?

I wanted to do a ride tomorrow but some friends invited us to the lake so we are heading out this afternoon.

Have fun, ride safe.

I just had a brilliant idea (doesn't happen too often).

What if we leave this thread open as a place for us DFW crowd to post just such plans as this. Looking for a riding buddy for an afternoon? Post it here. Need to get out of the house for a few hours? Post it here.

If we can get everyone subscribed and e-mail alerted this could turn into a useful little thread.

I just had a brilliant idea (doesn't happen too often).

What if we leave this thread open as a place for us DFW crowd to post just such plans as this. Looking for a riding buddy for an afternoon? Post it here. Need to get out of the house for a few hours? Post it here.

If we can get everyone subscribed and e-mail alerted this could turn into a useful little thread.

Agreed.

It's good to plan well ahead, and sometimes, its nice just to say "I'm hitting the road, lets join up."

Think I'm gonna head out here in a hour or so. Not decided on where to go.

Maybe get some BBQ or Messican

strokers 7:15ish to get the tag and thinking maybe some fuel city tacos after that if anyone wants to catch us.

nine se7en 2 82 fore twelve oh ate

Anyone up for anything this afternoon?

I'm stepping outta work at 1pm today.

Hey I'm in! Went to the lake today so I am a few different shades of red. But I'm always looking for a riding buddy!! Mid cities area here!

Chris

Impromptu ride tomorrow (Sunday)? Leaving Grapevine at 8am from the Sonic at Grapevine Mills Pkwy and FM 2499, heading to Denton via FM 2499/3040/407/1830 for breakfast then Krum to Forestburg to Nocona to St. Jo to Muenster to Sanger and back to Grapevine. Here's a map of the proposed route, should take about six hours, maybe seven with lunch. Home by 3-3:30pm.

Let me know if this is too much ride, I can cut out the Nocona leg easily.

I'm likely going to go. I have a buddy who may be coming into town, who I havent seen in a while. If he does visit, I wont be on the ride.

If he does not visit, lets chop out the Nocona leg, and ride.

I will know by about 7pm tonight or so.

Last edited:
Impromptu ride tomorrow (Sunday)? Leaving Grapevine at 8am from the Sonic at Grapevine Mills Pkwy and FM 2499, heading to Denton via FM 2499/3040/407/1830 for breakfast then Krum to Forestburg to Nocona to St. Jo to Muenster to Sanger and back to Grapevine. Here's a map of the proposed route, should take about six hours, maybe seven with lunch. Home by 3-3:30pm.

Let me know if this is too much ride, I can cut out the Nocona leg easily.

Count me in...

I may be there but have to be home by 11:30ish so will have to break off part way. I rode to forestburg via bowie not too long ago, then cut E on 922 to 35 (the little chevron has excellent tacos but only until 2pm I believe.

Have wanted to stop at that little convenience/general store in Forestburg (reminds me of the old station where my grandmother would take us to get a coke and hershey bar when we were kids, but only if we begged ALLLLLLLLLLLLL day, picked the weeds, and snapped all the beans.)

Will post in AM if going.

Hope you guys enjoyed the rest of the ride.

Phillip, not sure if you heard me at the light, but your tail light is inoperative. I think the "world's greatest biscuits" are pretty close to living up to their claim. Good riding with you guys.

Had some very spirited (but sane) riding on the way back toward 35 on 455; had a GSX-R wave me around :lol2:

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

Is cheez running a car tire on the vtx? Looked like it, but didn't get a chance to check it out. Looked like it was handling well.

Back