PDA

View Full Version : Tires

STCPO
12-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Anyone have a good source for online or local (DFW Area) tire purchases. I'm looking for some Pilot Roads for the VFR.

Thanks.

Pete

Tourmeister
12-16-2003, 05:25 PM
swmototires.com

They will get them to you within a few days for excellent prices. Free shipping if you buy two or more tires. I have been using them for a few years and they consistently have low prices and good service. Otherwise I would check with Brian Duelm at Cyclegear. He's a member here. Username = "brd".

Adios,

mlinkibikr
12-16-2003, 06:09 PM
I second the recommendation of checking with Cycle Gear. They asked me to give them the opportunity to match anybody else's price, which I think is fair.

Dave.

Dirtrideroader
12-16-2003, 07:19 PM
I am all for giving business to a local person. As long as that person is competitive and more importantly gives good service.

On the flip side, Swmototires does give great service. I ordered some tires this last summer and had them shipped to Spokane. I stopped there on my way home and had them mounted at a local Honda Dealer.

Last week, I ordered a set of Pilot Roads and had them shipped to a friend in Austin. They were there in 2-3 days.

On top of that you can talk directly to the owner, who has great advice about your tire needs.

brd
12-19-2003, 10:43 AM
Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but since Scott mentioned it...

The FtW Cycle Gear has Pilot Sports in stock, and can order the Pilot Roads (I think they've become available again after all the distributors being out of them for a while earlier this fall). The prices are better than anyone's local price, and are sometimes even competitive with mail order. The Sport Pilots were recently on sale (and may still be, actually) for less than what SWMototires has them for. Buying from CG gets you really cheap mount&balance, too.

I will also second having received great service from SWMototires in the past.

Tourmeister
12-19-2003, 01:39 PM
Geez Brian, I bet you get a good deal on tires now :-P Among other things...

Adios,

STCPO
12-19-2003, 04:06 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll probably go with CG here in Plano. I'd prefer to keep the money local if I can and it sounds like it is a better deal anyway.

Cheers,

Pete