• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

8 weeks of mods

jdthaw

Reaction score
love my now personalized '07 1250, 2000 miles since buying w/10,650 miles...
installed, changed, modded:
shortened yosh can 3.5"
SS front brake lines
stage 2 airbox cut kn filter
removed butterflies
de evapped and depaired w/ bagful of hoses
pc3 box
hb risers 1 1/4"
stripped and polished wheels
flipped ft pegs
po memory foamed seat
V stream screen w/custom mra hinged top
bad boy wolo horn
bought used lower fairing/cut widened lower mouth and upper slot
custom chrome vinyl logos
mobil1 full synth oil
BT023 tires
fender extender
more little stuff......leds and driving lights next...

Attachments

• DSC00796 (1024x753).jpg
    DSC00796 (1024x753).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC00801 (768x1024).jpg
    DSC00801 (768x1024).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC00800 (766x1024).jpg
    DSC00800 (766x1024).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC00794 (600x800).jpg
    DSC00794 (600x800).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 175
Nice work!

Great looking bike and a good list of mods.
Barend weights changed? Throttlemeisters?

EF

Come on ,your all thinking it .That screen , what on earth is the reason behind that .Its a little on the large size isnt it .

LOL Tasi, I did BMW rallies for several years across the US. NOTHING surprises me on a bike anymore after seeing some combos for windscreens, seats, add ons. LOL!

Come on ,your all thinking it .That screen , what on earth is the reason behind that .Its a little on the large size isnt it .

Your bike looks nice, and no offense, but this has to be the tallest screen I've ever seen on a 1250, or any other bike for that matter, and I would think that something this tall would actually reduce the performance of the bike, and maybe even make it handle funny, and I'm surprised that it hasn't come loose, as it's only held in place by four small rubber mounts. Personally the wind screen detracts terribly from the rest of the bike IMHO. Have you ridden the bike with this setup at speeds over 80 mph, and in any kind of high winds, as I would think that thing would really flexing and moving around.

How tall are you anyways?

Tasi and MMetal.....full explaination of screen is in order...
The top custom screen, on mra vario hinges, made by me, is attached with screws/bolted thru the 19" V stream sheild...(good thing I did'nt buy the 22" huh??)
I've gone 120 mph indicated, so true 112 with it no problem, I regularly do/see 100mph...I cruise, bomb/the interstate at 85-90 regularly, a few days ago did this with 25-30 mph winds....a tad shaky then, but the 19" V stream sheild is very thick and stout...this assembly ain'nt going nowhere...the wind deflection is outstanding...cross country ready...at high speeds..
The pics seem to exaggerate/ (angle of shot) the screens tallness, perhaps..not as conspicuous with 6'1" me sitting on the bike..?
I hate riding without a full screen in front of me as I like to drive fast, and hate the wind blast.. I hate riding with a common screen like yours MM, no offence at all...just me..
I hate wearing a full helmet, please, spare me the safety concerns, I've been riding since 1967 and am well aware,.. further,(gasp).. I rarely wear more than a regular shirt/and well, pants too, for 2 months during the winter I do wear a leather jacket.......it gets real hot in FL. ok, opiniated? sure...
I MUST sit up about straight/ no choice....the stock hndl bars are too low for me...lower back discs bulging... prevent me leaning forward..(considering surgery as I write this) so this is the only position I can ride...
So gentleman, ...for me..not you....its the best...if someone asks about wind deflection? this is it!
Cosmetically the lower fairing somewhat offsets/balances the screen.. I've actually grown to like it..???!!! It does'nt look that bad in the flesh...just sayin...

Attachments

• DSC00798 (1024x767).jpg
    DSC00798 (1024x767).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 166
dasminker...the can is not any louder...with 20 mile test ride so far...I was very careful to preserve All the packing and factory wrapping around the baffle....and end cap..
bar end weights chromed, stock/factory bar ends...

Nothing wrong with it if it works for you .Remember mine is a naked model
so mine will look strange to you .:mrgreen:

Nice looking bike but I thought I had a tall windshield combo...

I personally wouldn't go with a shorter exhaust. It would make it harder in general to have bags on it when touring unless you were to go VERY short. Also the bigger the can typically the less noise and performance. As you don't have to be so restrictive to get good sound abatement. Even with my DB killer out my bike isn't really loud with the 18" can on it.

Where are you at in FL? If you get over my way look me up. I am in Tally.

riding a stock triumph 650 Bonny when I was 18 years old was fine, riding a Kaw Z1B 900 with no screen was fine at 22 yrs old....riding anything now at 60 without a screen, especially my superfast 1250, is totally out of the question!!!
The now 16" shortned yosh was done for cosmetics.....too long stock...looks much better now.. Dasminker, correction....just a tad bit louder, perhaps 10%.. I determined last night after a 70 mile ride....but, I can always put an insert in if the need to ride quiet arises..
Hey Day Tripp I'm down in Tampa...

Re: FURTHER CUSTOM TALL SCREEN OBSERVATION

Did 142 mph indicated a few days back.., the screen was rock steady, no wind gusts, calm....

Back