PDA

View Full Version : Restore Projects - Decals

Squeaky
01-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Ok, so I found this site for decals on restore projects/repaints/repairs on older bikes and figured I'd share since I know a bunch of y'all like to tinker with the classics.

AFE Graphics (http://www.afegraphics.com/reproset.htm)

whoa
01-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey Rebecca, what do you think of taking a jpeg to a vinyl shop and let them print them out? That's actually pretty cheap ($2-$10). Not sure about the material, but it would be covered with clear coat.

Squeaky
01-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Hey Rebecca, what do you think of taking a jpeg to a vinyl shop and let them print them out?

I've never tried it. Actually, come to think of it, I've never been to a sign shop. I've heard all about the great painting masks they can make, though. I should probably find one nearby and make some friends.... :mrgreen:

Packrat
01-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Hey Rebecca, what do you think of taking a jpeg to a vinyl shop and let them print them out? That's actually pretty cheap ($2-$10). Not sure about the material, but it would be covered with clear coat.

I've done it and they worked out great. Clean the paint and get it ready for the clear coat before applying the transfer. Tell the person in the sign shop what you are going to do so the vinyl will be compatible with the clear coat

Have fun!

Packrat
AMA, IBA #11205, AARP