http://irondawg.smugmug.com/photos/1638185-M.jpg

http://irondawg.smugmug.com/photos/1638181-M.jpg

http://irondawg.smugmug.com/photos/1638182-M.jpg

http://irondawg.smugmug.com/photos/1638183-M.jpg

http://irondawg.smugmug.com/photos/1638184-M.jpg

http://irondawg.smugmug.com/photos/1638180-M.jpg

AggieVFR
12-17-2003, 05:28 PM
Awesome! :-D When do you figure out how to mount it to the GS for the Baja trips? :wink: Looks like it'll be a blast.

irondawg
12-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Hehehe. Maybe I should figure out how to make a trailer and pull it behind the GS!

buck000
12-17-2003, 05:49 PM
You lucky dawg! Nice looking.... :-D

VFRinAustin
12-17-2003, 07:18 PM
:mrgreen: SCHWEET!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dirtrideroader
12-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Now that you have a real dual sport, are you going to replace the GS with a real Street bike?

Just kidding. I love my GS. But, I would love a real dirt bike also.
I just bought a y2k VFR so I have the pure street side covered.
Although, I bet your 350 wheelies easier than either of my bikes...

Desmo
12-18-2003, 01:20 PM
I used to have one of those. It is amazing how little they changed from my 91 model. Here is what I did to it:

1. Remove the fugly rear fender extender.
2. Install smaller front sprocket (gearing is too tall for dirt).
3. Install DOT knobbies.
4. Go Anywhere, Have Fun!

Tourmeister
12-18-2003, 03:05 PM
:tab Dang! Have you arelady picked it up? When did this go down? I was expecting pics of the FZ1 to show up hehe :-P Surprised me!

Adios,

irondawg
12-18-2003, 03:17 PM
Bought it yesterday. The bike is in Bossier City, LA. Got an email from the guy he's gonna call tonight with details. I'll let you know. We might be making a run there this weekend....ssshhhh don't tell Beth :wink:

FZ1 is on the radar but that will have to wait for a bit.

I just realized that this is the first time I've ever owned two bikes at once!! Go me!!!

Tourmeister
12-18-2003, 03:50 PM
:tab Well, we have a trailer that has rails, tie down points, etc,... You may have seen it. It is the single axle smaller trailer. You are welcome to use it from here to there and back. Renting a little U-haul trailer might be the easiest way to go though. We cannot leave. I am on call this weekend and Beth is dying to get that room at least primed. We have crap piled up in the living room waiting to go back into the guest room and it is driving her nuts.

Adios,

irondawg
12-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Sure, let me borrow your dad's trailer only back to Huntsville. Don't you already have enough bikes to ride? :wink: Oh, no dirt bikes though...hehehe.

I don't know what the plan is yet. I'll call you tonight after bike night. I don't even know if I've got a dog sitter so I might not even be able to come this weekend. No, I'm not trying to get out of painting. :P

I got the broke GS up and running last night. Turned out to be the ECU and coil pack. When I started it up, it spewed the most foulest, stinkiest black water known to man all over Art's bike! The garage was flooded. There must have been two gallons of the crap in the exhaust. Took me forever to clean the mess.

Dirtrideroader
12-18-2003, 07:31 PM
How did Pigzilla go scuba diving?

ddavis
12-18-2003, 09:27 PM
I have a KLX-650 (dual sport) If I can figure out how to ride it to Austin, maybe we can ride!
I made it to Lufkin from Greenville 18 months ago. My butt still hurts! :moon:
Nice bike!

Tourmeister
12-19-2003, 01:39 AM
:tab Pigzilla went swimming as well, but it survived. The bike he is speaking of belongs to another rider. He also dumped it in the water and the bike did not fare so well. Something about a bike wash and bikinis? :shrug: What do I know :-P

topes
12-19-2003, 08:46 PM
I assume this bike is for your next trip to Copper Canyon? I'm ready to go back now. Real life is far too boring. :lol:

Tourmeister
12-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Howdy Topes, welcome to the site!

Adios,

irondawg
12-22-2003, 02:24 PM
I assume this bike is for your next trip to Copper Canyon? I'm ready to go back now. Real life is far too boring. :lol:

Hey Topes aka GSAdven! Welcome to the site!! :chug:

I've been ready to go back since the day we got back!! :dude:

Well, picked the bike up and went for a little jaunt with Scott, Snoopster, and Scratch to King's Cafe this weekend. Bike runs fine, but needs a little tuning. Seems to be running very lean and there's quite a stumble off idle. Beyone that, this thing RAILS in the dirt compared to Pigzilla. It'll do 75 comfortably and the seat is pretty good. No butt pain after 60 miles. I could ride it all day. It's a little tall, seat height is 35" but I'll get used to it.

Of course I'll be doing other mods in the future. First thing is bigger tank. I've got about a 100 mile range...with reserve :shock:

BTW, SEND ME A CD!! I want you picts of CC.

Tourmeister
12-22-2003, 02:37 PM
'99 DR350

May I suggest a name for this one... TwigZilla :-P

Adios,

topes
12-22-2003, 09:00 PM
said Dawg:
Hey Topes aka GSAdven! Welcome to the site!! :chug:

I've been ready to go back since the day we got back!! :dude:

Well, picked the bike up and went for a little jaunt with Scott, Snoopster, and Scratch to King's Cafe this weekend. Bike runs fine, but needs a little tuning. Seems to be running very lean and there's quite a stumble off idle. Beyone that, this thing RAILS in the dirt compared to Pigzilla. It'll do 75 comfortably and the seat is pretty good. No butt pain after 60 miles. I could ride it all day. It's a little tall, seat height is 35" but I'll get used to it.

Of course I'll be doing other mods in the future. First thing is bigger tank. I've got about a 100 mile range...with reserve :shock:

BTW, SEND ME A CD!! I want you picts of CC.

Hey, let me know if you decide to do some area off-roading with the new bike. I may like to tag along assuming if I can keep up with a real dirt bike. :? I'm going to check out Sam Houston National Forest here shortly. I understand there are about 75 miles of trails through mostly woods. I hear it can be sandy.

I'm waiting on a new chain and sprockets but I should be ready in a week or so.

How big of a tank do they make for that thing?

I've been rather busy with Christmas and work but I'll try to get that disk made and out to all the fellas.

irondawg
12-22-2003, 11:54 PM
Hey, let me know if you decide to do some area off-roading with the new bike. I may like to tag along assuming if I can keep up with a real dirt bike. :? I'm going to check out Sam Houston National Forest here shortly. I understand there are about 75 miles of trails through mostly woods. I hear it can be sandy.

How big of a tank do they make for that thing?

I've been rather busy with Christmas and work but I'll try to get that disk made and out to all the fellas.

Fist sent me an email and he'll be down Jan 7th weekend to get his bike. He's driving down with his dad who has biz in Houston. He'll fly to Austin Friday ($55, not bad) and Saturday we are riding. Not sure where yet. If we head to Houston, I'll take the DR and maybe we can meet in Montgomery at King's Cafe and then hit the trails. I'll keep you updated.

There's a couple tanks on the market, both 4.25 gallons. That'll get me about 200 miles. I've found quite a bit of info on this bike to do some penny-tech mods to help it breath better too. I definitely need to get heavier fork springs and oil too.

No prob on the CD. Just send me a disk. I'm collecting all picts and will burn CDs for the whole gang. Fist is bringing his and I'm just waiting for yours and Ants.

Bill, if I don't hear from you...Merry X-mas and have a happy New Year. Hope to see you soon.

IDawg