• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tail Raiser Kits

Reaction score
Hi All,

Wonder if any of the " Banditos " have tried a jack-up raising kit...
If so, what real benefits have you felt? Pics?

You can test the effect of a rear jackup by dropping the front by the same amount (ie lifting the fork stanchions in the yokes). It doesn't produce exactly the same results but it's close enough for road testing. 5 mm will make a difference and 10 mm will be very noticeable

There is a limit to how far you can drop the front on a 1250 Bandit because the preload adjusters will eventually hit the handlebars. I've got Renthal "road bike low" bars on mine and with my preload settings, the limit is about 10 mm. You also need to keep an eye on the clearance between the mudguard and the radiator when the forks are compressed

I am considering raising the rear of my 1250 - probably by about 10 mm max at the wheel spindle. Here are some dog bones that I really like :thumb:

http://www.projection-components.co...sion-links---universal---12mm-holes-153-p.asp

Oh, I thought you meant this.....

Attachments

• cat by tail.jpg
    cat by tail.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 154
I have,i welded up one end of the dog bones and re drilled the holes 6mm
CLOSER to each other .The result was lifting the tail 30 mm .
The bike turned extra well but was twitchy in a straight line .Side stand
was too short as were my legs for reverse .Figured it was only a matter of time till i dropped it.
Welded them back up and re drilled holes 3mm closer (than standard )
that equaled 15 mm tail lift .Pretty happy but side stand a bit short (not much)
Over all, i dont think its worth the effort (to LIFT It) the bandit is
never going to turn like a sports bike .(i like to fiddle though )
If you must 10 -15mm lift is fine .Remember if you do the home no cost method
1mm = 5mm lift .Holes CLOSER together on dog bones .

Keep in mind changing the dog bones also changes the ratio with the shock. This has a direct effect on the softness/firmness of the shock. Raising it typically increases the shock firmness. A small amount won't have a huge effect but will likely be noticeable.

I bought my V-strom used with it lowered an inch and the rear shock was terrible. Put it back to stock and it was a huge difference and in the right direction. If you haven't jacked up the preload on the rear, you could also try that to get a feel (not exact but likely close) how it would be on the Bandit. I currently love how mine feels with the preload cranked up. At some point I'll likely upgrade the shock but for now much better than when I bought it.

Back