• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Assignment #84 - Barber Shop (ENTRY)

ed29

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Hegarty
Use this thread for posting your single entry for Assignment #84 - Barber Shop

Please refrain from commenting on photographs (yours and others) in this thread until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted without warning.

Your photograph has to have been taken between now and & Monday, July 2nd, midnight.

You may post only one entry, but you may change it any time until Monday, July 2nd, midnight.

All forum posting rules apply.

001-2.jpg

We had a storm in the desert last night so I am just making it to town. There is another blowing in so I have little time here.

I will have to get back with pic by pic comments, but for now I will say that DFW_Warrior captured the essence of an old barber shop best on this one. Congrats Bill

Congrats Bill.... Sure does have that old-tyme feel to it. :clap:

Thanks Ed! It was fun to get out and take photos of this place. Now I need to go back once they open back up after the fourth and get a haircut there.

Well Done. BTW, where is that Barber Shop? I have been looking for something other than the Sports Cuts.

excellent, Bill. Also like the colors and crispness in Butte's shot. All good shots in their own right. I have a shop nearby with a barber pole, but I couldn't get an angle on it that resulted in a comp I liked.
The barber pole, btw, dates back to the Middle Ages. In the US, it's often red, white and blue stripes, but in other countries, it's usually just red and white (see achesley's shot). at least, according to wikepedia. Barbering was associated with bloodletting, and the red stripe around the pole symbolized the bloody bandages associated with bloodletting.
In parts of Asia, it's also a symbol for brothels. So, there you go!

Back