• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brake fluid replacement: Speed Bleeders?

Used them on every bike except the GS. I loved them on the VFR!! Takes eight bleeders for the VFR. Makes bleeding MUCH easier for one person to do.

http://sfriday.com/VFR800/bleeder.htm

Don't know why I never got around to installing them on the GS... :scratch: Guess I just forgot :doh:

I installed speed bleeders on my 01 BMW GS. I have them on all three calipers but not the ABS units under the tank. I flush a couple of cans Castrol DOT 4 once a year. Takes about 45 minutes ( I work slow ). They work great.

I've got them on the DRZ and have been very happy. I've got another set that is going on the Oldwing calipers that I'm rebuilding.

I like 'em on the car, where I can't pump the pedal and operate the bleed screw at the same time. But on the bike everything's within reach for me. Not so with y'all?

--Chris

If you've ever tried to bleed the Linked Brake System on a VFR, you'd understand... :suicide: ;-)

Now, you will all want to hear about my free, high-speed, hydraulic brake/clutch bleeding accessory for bleeding hydraulic systems (DOT 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6) without having to pump the lever.......

Well?

Last edited:
dennis said:
Now, you will all want to hear about my free, high-speed, hydraulic brake/clutch bleeding accessory for bleeding hydraulic systems (DOT 3, 4, 5 or 6) without having to pump the lever.......

Well?

Uh, not really. If it was DOT 2, mebbe we'd be innerested.

Gallon milk jug (drink the milk first), shop vac and a piece of rubber tubing to fit onto the bleeder nipple......you can take it from there........

If necessary, I'll post some photos next time I have a gallon milk jug (after I drink the milk)....

Don't think your method will work for me, dennis. I'm lactose intolerant. :ponder:

I love em for every car, but with the SV I can reach the bleeder screws and brake levers at the same time. Now if I had a complex linked system then I'd probably give the speedbleeders a try.

scratch said:
Don't think your method will work for me, dennis. I'm lactose intolerant. :ponder:

Sorry.....I guess you'll jts have to spend your hard earned $s on some high $ bleeder accessory........or, send me the full jug...I'll drink the milk and return the jug empty......

:tab Last I talked with the owner (couple years back), they were still making the bleeders in house on his property. He said they had finally reached the point where he might actually be able to make a living off selling them and quit his day job. I guess enough people know about them to keep him busy and he does not want to split the profits with the stores :shrug:

Back