• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New horn install questions

erda

Reaction score
So, going to replace the poor excuse for a horn with a FIAMM Freeway Blaster.
Curious if anyone has done so, and where you mounted it? Also, any wiring tips?
Thanks.

So, going to replace the poor excuse for a horn with a FIAMM Freeway Blaster.
Curious if anyone has done so, and where you mounted it? Also, any wiring tips?
Thanks.

Use a power relay and run a seperately fused circuit to power the new horn via the relay. Use the existing horn button to energize the relay.

12_relay.jpg

Use a power relay and run a seperately fused circuit to power the new horn via the relay. Use the existing horn button to energize the relay.

12_relay.jpg

Yup, thats exactly what you need to do, and is how I have my Fiam horn hooked up. You can purchase a Bosch SPDT relay with a built in mounting tab at most auto parts stores for around $10 or less. Connect the power wire from the relay to the horn to the normally open set of contacts, so that when the relay is energized with the power from the horn button, the NO contacts will close and send the fused 12v power to the horn.

You can use regular female spade crimp connectors for connecting the wires to the tabs on the relay

Heres what you want.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=330-073

Thanks for the wiring info!

Metrick-where did you mount your horn? The instructions warn about not shortening or bending the supplied mounting bracket:confused: How/why would that matter?

Thanks for the wiring info!

Metrick-where did you mount your horn? The instructions warn about not shortening or bending the supplied mounting bracket:confused: How/why would that matter?

I mounted mine in the area up underneath thye right side of the cowling where the EVAP canister used to reside, and its attached to thr frame using the supplied mounting strap. If you alter the stock mounting strap the horn will not work worth a crap or at all, as the strap is designed to allow the horn to resonate properly, and I tried a long time ago with one of these horns to make a billet mounting bracket only to find this out. I've had the one mounted on my Bandit now for over 3 years with the bracket that comes with the horn, and it works just fine.

If you haven't removed the EVAP canister, there is room on the left side of the cowling, back along the frame, and there is a threaded hole on the frame that you can use for attaching the horn. ;-)

Back