• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another Fatal MC Accident

Reaction score
Turned on the news this morning and there was a story about another fatal MC accident. From the footage it looked like a Gixxer, black color scheme. I did not catch all the details but I think they said it happened last night on the south side of Houston. He hit a sign or something which ejected him from the bike and killed him instantly. They also said he was traveling 60 mph but not sure what the speed limit was.

My condolunces to him and his family......

Bill

:tab Man, that is like four or more in the last week!! :eek: Interesting that car accidents seldom make the news anymore unless they are really spectacular, yet most any motorcycle accident gets coverage... The only "good" thing is that most of the accidents I have been seeing have been young guys doing stupid stuff in stupid places and not the older more responsible riders. Still, stupid or not, it has to suck for their families.

Adios,

Almost 100 traffic fatalities in Travis County this year. The vast majority involve cars, but unless it is a motorcycle or an SUV, no one notices.

One of my engineers called me Sunday night, to ask for time off to go to a family memebers funeral tomorrow in Mobile. She and her husband were out for a ride, and, from the information he had, sounds like they T-boned a car that pulled out in front of them. No alcohol was involved, it was daylight (12 noon) and dry pavement, in a small town. Just wrong place, at the wrong time. Both of them were killed instantly. Doesn't sound like they had a chance. Keep your eyes open, and be careful out there folks.

TR
Brady TX

Back