• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

First trip to Crooked Creek

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Well Ralph with Trail Riders In Christ sent an email that they were having their monthly ride there, so everything lined up where I could go! Then Big A sent a pm that he would be there! We've been trying to meet several times so that sealed it.
Mapquest told me 2:58 to there, I made it in 2:20, so I was early and didn't speed, not sure where they got their estimate! Temps weren't too bad.
Paid my fees and got the lowdown on the place from owner and went to meet Ralph. Man, he is wired and ready to ride! lol at 58 he likes being around a kid, he loves it!
I'm getting geared up and BigA pulls in. Time to check it out.
We head out on a warmup trail, pretty wide as quads ride a lot of the stuff here. First impression, trails are in good shape, not much dust and compared to what I'm use to they are fast. Lot of sweeping turns but 3rd gear+ stuff. Big fun on a 530!
With the heat we would ride each section and take a few minutes and go again. Rode all but 2 small sections. Nothing real technical except for Crippling Creek, it was pretty up and down.
After the ride Ralph led us in a bible lesson, pretty cool, huh?
All in all a pretty fun place, nothing too challenging but a good place to ride in the heat as most of it flows real well! I'll be back!
I think they're open 1st and 3rd w/e's!
:rider:
Pops

Pops, I knew you would enjoy Crooked Creek. We have spent many a fun day up there with Big A and the rest of the dirt riders from the area. Wish I could have made this one.

Pops really enjoyed finally hooking up with you and riding, was a blast!! hope to do it again soon, only hopefully a little cooler even though it wasn't too bad because of the wind:thumb:

Back