• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RaceTech Gold Valves and Springs on 1250 Bandit

Y

ywgbandit

I had RaceTech install the gold valves and springs on my 1250 Bandit back in May when I took the forks down to them in California. I just got back from a 1000 mile ride thru the mountains in BC Canada. I went from Cranbrook to Vernon and all thru the Okanagan valley and back. I had my bike scaled before I ordered the springs, and it weighed 285 Kg (628 Lbs) with 3/4 of a tank of gas and my saddlebags and my Givi 55L top box ready for the road. So I went with there 1.2 springs as I ride 2 up a lot. I can set the pre-load to minimum for riding solo and I only need to crank it in 1-1/2 turns for 2up riding. The difference in the ride quality and handling is dramatic. It eats bumps now that used to jar my neck and I can pick a line and hold it thru any corner. Don't get me wrong, it's not a GSX, but for the type of bike it is, the handling is now amazing and the ride quality is magnitudes better! I don't have chicken strips on my tires anymore! Not cheap, but worth every penny. RaceTech was great to deal with and they turned the forks around in 4 days. Next to the Holeshot/Corbin seat, this is the best mod yet.

It's an amazing difference isn't it!:trust:

I added a set of RT gold valves and spring to my Triumph and it was a huge improvement.

Sounds like a very worthwhile mod. Have you done anything with the rear suspension? The only mod I have done is the seat, but went with the Sargent seat, very good results in my opinion, but not perfect.

My Bandit was a new old stock 2008 model bought in fall 2010, so the rear shock is just fine right now, and as adjustable as I need. When it goes I'm getting either the Holeshot/Cogent or the Hagon with the remote spring tensioner. I bought some "Bridestone BT023 GT's" and I have to say I'm impressed. The Dunlops were breaking down and the rubber was pealing off, probably from sitting under florescent lights in the showroom for 3 yrs. They were down to the wear bar in 2500 miles. With the new RaceTech forks they were the weak link, and I could feel the front tire slide when I pushed it a little. I went with the GT version of the BT023 because they are made to carry heavier loads on sport touring bikes and they work. They are very impressive in the rain and are wearing extremely well.

I understand about the rear shock. I have had my Bandit since 2009, however, I only put 3K miles on in 3 years due to some time away from home with the Air Force. I have put over 4K miles on since April this year, and a bit over 2K with a new set of Dunlop Roadsmart2s, which made a significant improvement in feel and feedback and seem to be wearing well so far.

Back