• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SETEX 200

Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Oates
Let me just say WOW! had a great time. The ride was everything I was hoping it to be. We had 10 riders and was blessed with some rain the night before that helped with the sand and dust. I will post some pics when I get them uploaded. But again thanks to all that rode the SETEX 200 with me.

Harold, thanks again for putting this ride together. I enjoyed the route and a good group of riders. Looking forward to riding with everyone again soon. Oh and thank the wife for the cold watermelon after the ride, it was a nice treat :clap:

Harold I agree great ride, though it seems I spent more than my fair share of time on the ground:lol2::giveup:. Sorry we had to cut it short but the camaraderie was great:clap:, I think my hand will be OK just sore for awhile, it was pretty swollen by the time I got home but after cleaning it up and bandaging it felt better and the swelling went down. Tomorrow I will look over the bike and try and straighten the front end up if the nurse (wife):shame::wary: will let me. Once again I really enjoyed the ride.

Last edited:
Here are a few pic's of the crew.
picture.php

Unloading and getting ready
picture.php

picture.php

Checking out the Honda
picture.php

At the Texas Star Cafe in Colmesneil
picture.php

picture.php

Not saying how that got there but it had something to do with sand and George Jones.

Once again thanks to all that came and will have to do again.

Yea, you have got to watch out for the Big Thicket Bridge Trolls and the Southeast Texas giant ant lions, if you believe in that kind of thing.

Great riding with y'all. My picture look like Harold's, no need to post.

Just wondering, did anyone take any video of the ride? I thought I saw a couple of helmet cams. Hand is doing better still some minor swelling in a couple of fingers, still can't pull my clutch lever, so not able to ride yet:tears:, finally had a chance to look the bike over, the front end is really tweaked, the throttle was sticking really bad, so I took it apart and found it full of sand and grit:scratch:, is this normal for the XRs, it seems Honda would seal it up better than that. The gear shift lever was also bent so I removed it and after a few hits with a five pound hammer:pound: it is as good as new, I will have to wait until the hand is a little better before I tackle the front end. Looks like I have to buy a new helmet, the crash actually broke the mount attached to the helmet so the visor will not stay hooked in, gloves are also toast. So if anyone did any video recording I would love to see it. Looking forward to the next ride, hopefully I will be able to finish the whole thing.

I'm an expert at dropping my bike and getting sand/dirt into the throttle tube. I think sand gets in there because people cut off the ends of the rubber grip for aftermarket barkbuster. I got a pair of new grips sitting in front of me. And the ends are closed, so no sand/dirt can get inside.

I'm an expert at dropping my bike and getting sand/dirt into the throttle tube. I think sand gets in there because people cut off the ends of the rubber grip for aftermarket barkbuster. I got a pair of new grips sitting in front of me. And the ends are closed, so no sand/dirt can get inside.

That's true but if you fall hard enough the end of the grip gets sliced anyway so sand can still get inside throttle tube. If you ride in the woods then no barkbusters can also mean having a tree depress your front brake at the most unfortunate moment. And they keep your levers from getting bent or broken also. I don't need to tell you that though, haha

_

I didn't just have grit in the throttle tube but also inside the cover where the cables are. I still have the stock hand grips so they are closed on the ends, I noticed that the throttle assembly has a small hole in the cover of the cables, I guess to let water drain out but it also lets sand and dirt in, I guess my next ride I will cover this hole with tape.

Robert glad to here you are on the mend. Let me know when you get bike repaired and those new 606's on and will schedule another ride.

Robert glad to here you are on the mend. Let me know when you get bike repaired and those new 606's on and will schedule another ride.

Looking forward to riding with you again, we had a great time, that ride had a great variation in terrains. The hand is slowly getting better but I have surgery today on the other hand:eek2::giveup:, guess it will be awhile longer before I am riding again:tears::argh:

One more:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2sOMIVNFSA"]Open run - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for the video Rydah. Wish I had high speed internet service where I could watch it without stopping and starting, oh well that the price for living in the country. It's cool to recognize the roads and some landmarks. The first video is on McNeely Settlement Road and the second video is on Sandhill Cemetary Road. You make Sandhill Cemetary Rd look so easy.

Appreciate your work on the videos Rob, it looks like the first one was pre-lunch and the second one was after Kenney and I split off from the group. I managed to get my front end back straight on the bike and most of the other little problems, that I found following my little dirt nap, fixed. Still having some problems with the hand but surgery on the other hand has kept me from riding so have plenty of time to get things squared away. Still looking forward to the East Tx 450 providing I can get my hands working at full strength again.

Back