• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Find Tweety (A McKinley County, NM Geocache Challange)

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
Some of you may recall, but in August, 2010 I was riding (or trying to ride) the Continental Divide on my BMW R1200GS. North of Grant's NM, however, I spilled and needed assistance. But the authorities at McKinley County, NM were unable or unwilling to help and because of their incompetence I had to spend the night in a ditch waiting for help.

Recently I was in the area and made a Geo cache challenge of this event. Even if you are not interested in Geo-caching, you may find this interesting and want to pass this challenge on to someone willing to take this challenge.

Of course my intent here is only to provide a challenge and far be it from me to try and embarrass McKinley County. I'm above that sort of thing :-)

[ame="http://youtu.be/j68Lupy1I8w"]McKinley County Geocache Challenge (can you find Tweety?) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Video stops at 1:38..right in the middle of you talking about the Spot.

You may want to fix the spelling of geocache in the video too while you are updating it.

Re: FIXED Find Tweety (A McKinley County, NM Geocache Challange)

You know how it goes, you get it right every time in your post and some genius just has to point out the one time you get it wrong. Actually I was thinking maybe geocrash just to make it clever?

Ps. I was going to use another word instead of genius, but it is filtered. Starts with smart. Just wanted you to know I was using the sarcastic form of genius.

Last edited:
Its just a picture for me :sly:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Must not be tapatalk friendly. Let me dig up my dusty old browser.

OK, I got it 'fixed' again. I was able to finally get this sucker uploaded to YouTube and it is much easier to use. The YouTube is not shown on the first post.

I hope I finally got it right this time.

Bob,
Are we planning on checking up on Tweety during CDR? Maybe we should consider leaving a water bladder there for the next victim...err adventurer.

Hmm CDR. I've heard of Urals trying to complete this. ;)

Urals just trying to show the beemer how it's done...without needing rescue :giveup:

Hmm CDR. I've heard of Urals trying to complete this. ;)

but not getting as far north as a V-strom, KLR or a ZRX were able to go.:rofl:

but not getting as far north as a V-strom, KLR or a ZRX were able to go.:rofl:

And that ZRX was taking the dirt in stride mind ya. Still think that is what caused your bar end to go ballistic

I remember following this adventure in real time. I found you in less than 10 minutes and couldn't figger what the delay was in getting to you.

Another fun game, but I'm guessing LEO's gonna get there first.

BTW - Rusty used a split infinitive in his post.

Nicely done. For some reason, when you refer to the "crash site" Roswell comes to mind. :D

And this doesn't help!
bob-S.jpg

Nicely done. For some reason, when you refer to the "crash site" Roswell comes to mind. :D

Might just have the finder take a photo with Tweety and post it up!

Tweety could live there for a long time.

An additional challenge to other Search and Rescue folks asking them to leave a patch if they find it. Could start an S&R Patch Swap going.

Back