• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Classic Cycle Restoration in WV

Thanks for the reply.

Yea, you'd think there would be some in Houston but I haven't found them.

My painter (here in Laredo) has done 20+ near perfect jobs for me. Most involving classic Triumph "scallop" jobs involving base sheen coat, then field overlay second color, then pinstriping scallop edges, then clearcoat. He does all OEM tank lettering & logos. He can do anything I can show him decent detail pix of, typically for less than auto body shops. Quick turn-around, too (1 week or less).

183167507.jpg

352043414.jpg

(The bottom color stripe on the ZRX fairing was re-painted later, I had just sourced it and stuck it on for the photo)

Thanks for the reply.
Wow! Good looking work!
I'm doing an older Honda GL1200 Goldwing Interstate which is all plastic and original. Looking to keep original solid factory color with vinyl pinstripe clear coated. Can take everything off except I'd like to keep fairing on bike. Could trailer bike there for fairing work. Is this something he could do? Would he do the take off if I brought bike with everything intact? Contact info?
Thanks.

I'm doing an older Honda GL1200 Goldwing Interstate which is all plastic and original. Looking to keep original solid factory color with vinyl pinstripe clear coated. Can take everything off except I'd like to keep fairing on bike. Could trailer bike there for fairing work. Is this something he could do? Would he do the take off if I brought bike with everything intact?

He can certainly match the color, design & finish. Best if parts are off the bike, it's a huge mess sanding, priming, etc, although it can be done. If you have an old bike cover, that would work for masking. Is the fairing painted on the inside or just typical black crinkle finish plastic?

Sure. He ordinarily does cars & trucks, but takes bike parts from me because I've been bringing them for several years and I'm careful to explain EXACTLY how the finished results need to look. So, tell him you are Paul Zuniga's / Born Again Bikes' client. He typically will not quote anything over the phone, he has to see it in person, especially if it has any ding/dent repair needed. ping me at grandpaulz@hotmail.com

Think I found someone here in Houston. Does only bikes...that's the kind of shop I was looking for. Thanks for your help.

Great. There must be several good paint shops for bikes in a city that big.

Back