• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1972 CB350 project (1st Bike)

Reaction score
After almost a year of searching I got my hands on a solid CB350. Compression is awesome and has everything including the side covers. Bike only has a couple of problems. The first one is an easy cosmetic fix. The previous owner spray painted the entire bike. Looks awful. The second issue has to do with the carbs. The bike ran super rough when I got it so I took the carbs off to rebuild them and then realized that I have no idea what I'm doing. I have a clymers and tried looking online but not much help available. The first problem I'm running into is not knowing what each part is, and not knowing what that part does. I'll include pictures of where I'm stuck soon but if anyone out there might be able to help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Ok here's the pictures. This is were I'm at as of now. I've got both carbs pulled off but only broke into one as of now. The first pick is of the kit I bought that is suppose to be for my bike and I figured I could just match up the parts but they don't seem to be the same. The other picture is of a part I can't remove. How important is it and any suggestions to remove it?

oh and the third pic is what i've removed...

also one of the floats is kinda banged up. will it still work or will that need to be replaced

Attachments

• 2012-10-08_18-48-09_335.jpg
    2012-10-08_18-48-09_335.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 2012-10-08_18-47-54_506.jpg
    2012-10-08_18-47-54_506.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 2012-10-08_18-48-22_2.jpg
    2012-10-08_18-48-22_2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 2012-10-08_18-48-49_464.jpg
    2012-10-08_18-48-49_464.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 2012-10-08_18-50-52_303.jpg
    2012-10-08_18-50-52_303.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 206
"so I took the carbs off to rebuild them and then realized that I have no idea what I'm doing." You are not alone. :giveup:

Floats are getting hard to find for old 350s. If it does not have a leak and is not bent, it will be ok.

Looking at the screwdriver I can't see anything that you still need to remove.

If you can't find the same part in the new carb kit, take the part to a shop and have them clean it. Take them all at once so that you pay less. I got two jets cleaned for free about three years ago at one shop. Another shop cleaned two jets for $20.

Those kits sometimes just don't have the right parts. But you can still use the float bowl gasket. Get that and the jets clean, plus the little gizmo the sits on the float to close the gas off and you should be ok. There are other orings but they are the devil to get off.

Ok, got everything cleaned and replaced with the carbs and started putting them together again and noticed I am missing a part. Its the clip that holds the primary and secondary main jets. Anybody have any idea where I can get one of those? I've been searching everywhere.nu

Y3qHf.jpg

Last edited:
Nevermind, I magically just came across the name of the part and was able to find one for way more than I wanted to pay but oh well. If anyone else needs this part its called Clip Plate B and the part number is 16135-286-004

It is at a complete stand still. I still have no idea what I'm doing with the carbs and am on a super limited budget. I can post some pics of the bike when I get home next week.

If you have the willingness and about $15 to carefully pack them in a medium size U.S.Postal Flat-rate box, insured, to me, I'll do them for cost of any gaskets or o-rings needed (SOMETIMES can be done without new ones, if you didn't tear them).

PM me for mailing address.

Just doing my part to keep the classics going.

took the carbs to a buddies shop. They are done and ready for pick up! Should have them on by the weekend and start putting everything else together. I'll keep everyone up to date

Back