• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Assignment #92, Octane (ENTRY)

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Use this thread for posting your entry for Assignment #92: "Octane".

This assignment is going to be about Gas Stations. This is open to your interpretation, but if if dispenses fuel, or is related to the dispensing fuel it acceptable. The photo must be able to convey to the viewer "Gas Station".

You MAY provide a simple title to your image if you believe text is necessary to set the context of your submission.

Two wheeled content is not required for this assignment.

Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, or even film; all shooters are welcome. Post processing is allowed for this assignment. All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

Your photograph has to have been taken between now and Monday, October 22nd at midnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fueling up the tug.

IMG_2413900x1200.jpg

limited Internet team... Winner is Nathan for reminding me that premium is not 92 octane but 93!!! Did it not used to be 92?????

Anyway Nathan I really enjoyed your shot, it is well composed and the light flare is a nice touch, intentional or not, the colors pop and it is sharp where it needs to be. Clearly speaks "Gas Station"

Bob, your photo brings back memories to my days of working offshore and we would bring on fuel and mud. Love the spill prevention apparatus, but hate that cam-loc connecitons. Nothing wrong with the photo, but I just hate those connections. Your photo of the barge/tanker would have spoken "gas station" to me more clearly than the hose does though.

Poser, a good photograph of a choke or fuel enricher depending on the manual you read from right? I love the depth of field and the color clarity. However you photo of the bottle and the Katoom in the comments thread would have spoken more to "Gas Station" to me though, as it is I see Gas Recipient in this photo.

Butte, Your shot is indeed a gas station of sorts. I think it is (for my tastes) a little under exposed, and the objects to the northwest and northeast of the bottle is a tad distracting, because I want to know what it is and I can't make it out.

I will be hit or miss on here the next several days. If I think of something else to put in my critiques I will add it in a subsequent post.

Nathan Your Up!

Didn't expect that. Considering that is a cell phone shot and it dawned on me while I was filling the cage with fuel.

Flare wasn't intentional, but worked out nicely.

Enjoyed everyones photo.

Now, what to do for the next one :ponder:

Boy, I was thinking there would be more entries for this contest, fairly straight-forward subject matter...... :shrug:
Congrats to Nathan and Duke, re cam loks, I religiously wire those ears so they dont pop open. :doh:

Cool and simple shot Nathan.... :clap:

The Mrs. has me on a house project so time just wasn't allocated for this one. :giveup:

Back