• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

LoobMan chain oiler

Reaction score
I purchased this LoobMan chain oiler for the Ducati, and it had languished in the garage for almost a year. Normally I use the other bike for long trips, but for Arkansas wanted to take the Duc for the incredible Ozark twisties. I knew that Txbanditrydr had installed one on his Bandit, and the results are most impressive. 47,000 miles on a chain and sprocket set, unheard of.

So I requested Txbanditrydr's help, but it was actually more like I hid and watched as he applied his skill and imagination in getting the thing mounted. We used and a footpeg mount that no longer had footpegs, some aluminum scrap, and walla !! A very clean installation.

P1020434-M.jpg

Took a three day trip using ATF, slung the stuff all over. Switching to chain saw bar oil

I fitted one of these (the push button version). Ran it for a couple of hundred miles, but never got it to work very well. Too much fling so it's in the trash can now and I have gone back to a once per 500 mile wipe down and re-apply Bel Ray Super Clean. No fling !!

ATF is about 8 wt oil. I used 90 weight without much 'fling'. The old SOHC 750/4 Hondas had a built in chain oiler that would drip engine oil. I adjusted mine for about one drip per mile and got almost 30,000 miles from the non o-ring chains of the time.

ATF is about 8 wt oil. I used 90 weight without much 'fling'. The old SOHC 750/4 Hondas had a built in chain oiler that would drip engine oil. I adjusted mine for about one drip per mile and got almost 30,000 miles from the non o-ring chains of the time.

A factory auto oiler seems a no brainer to me. It's been used in two stroke motorcycle and outboard engines for a long time. It would certainly put a dent chain/sprocket sales, and maybe bend a few riders away from the shafties.

Back