• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Manning Brimberry Cemetary

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rebecca
Last Name
Reed
While north of Huntsville doing some geocaching (GCH3B1), we came upon this older-looking cemetary. It's obviously been there a while, but there were also recent graves from '02-'03. Dirt road getting back to it, but we were on 4 wheels instead of 2. Good thing we were, because it was VERY muddy after recent rain.

53962853-M.jpg

53962844-M.jpg

53962847-M.jpg

Historical Marker at the turnoff to the cemetary:
53962858-M.jpg

I keep meaning to explore the State cemetery across from UT. There has to be some facinating history there.

Looks like a cool old cemetery I need to check out, for some reason I am fascinated by these old treasures of Texas. Has anyone every planned a DS cemetery ride through Walker and Grimes counties? Sounds like a plan.

:tab I did an East Texas Cemetery Tour last Spring. Had a few 650GS's, me on the big GS and Gotdurt on his old NX650. Mostly dirt roads. A lot of them are in the area West of Huntsville on some of those roads you have been exploring. There is a ride report somewhere in the main Story Telling forum. Often, you can ride right by one of these old cemeteries and never know they are there if you aren't looking. This is another nice feature of the GPS, even some of the smallest cemeteries are shown.

Back