• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

James Bond 007 Rides Honda CRF250R in Skyfall

Reaction score
Bond-Honda2.jpg

James Bond 007 rides a Honda CRF250R motorcycle in the new action and adventure film Skyfall.
Bond_Honda4.jpg

In the opening sequence Bond rides the motorcycle through the streets and on the rooftops of the city of Istanbul, Turkey. In typical 007 style the chase segment is fast and furious.
Bond-Honda3.jpg

The film supposedly used 25 of the Honda CRF250Rs in various configurations for the production of the scenes. The CRF250R is a dirt bike. The obvious modifications that the filmmakers made to the motorcycles for stylistic purposes for the film were to add headlights, taillights, signal lights, windscreens, hand guards and tank modifications. Honda does produce a dual sport version of the CRF250 which is called the Honda CRF250L.
Bond-Honda1.jpg

Here are some images of the motorcycles used during the production of the film.
See video
Here is a video with the original storyboard (scetchings) for the motorcycle segment.
See video
Here is a video of the behind-the-scenes making of the motorcycle segment.
See video
And finally, here is a video of the promotional trailer for the film.

Motorcycles and movies... what could be better.

I guess Aston Martin doesn't make bikes, so Honda was the 2nd choice.

WHAT? No BMW?

Hrm, looks like a good way to flat foot one foot with one of these for us short guys!

Bond_Honda4.jpg

shoulda been a KTM

True, but I figure if I can get my bike over like that then maybe I can get my whole foot down. Of course then there's either the hernia trying to lift it or the epic fail that results from me trying to do the whole spin up the back tire thing to right the bike.

I couldn't get the vid to work from the link so here it is in case it's not just me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIcNaX0vmuE&noredirect=1"]Exclusive Behind the Scenes With Honda, Bond and Skyfall - YouTube[/ame]

The rust colored plastic looks tough but why leave the fender white?

Top gear did a Bond cars special and they showed the vehicle prep are for sky fall and they had truck loads of those Hondas.

Sky fall also marks the return of the original DB5 Austin Martin !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top gear did a Bond cars special and they showed the vehicle prep are for sky fall and they had truck loads of those Hondas.

Sky fall also marks the return of the original DB5 Austin Martin !!

Blah, bring back the Lotus!:trust: For that matter bring back Roger Moore! :clap: Seriously though, that guy's gotta be 80 yrs old but he was my 1st 007. I was about 10 when me and the neighborhood kids saw 'The Spy Who Loved Me' and the Lotus/submarine. That was the coolest thing... and he was the coolest dude.. I'd ever seen!! :rofl: :clap: :clap: :clap: :eek2: We spent weeks trying to mimic the English accent.:phead: :lol2:

Try 85!! "A view to a kill (1985) was his last movie, when he learned that he was older than Tanya Roberts mother, he decided to retire.
She was 30 he was 58

Hmmm:ponder: Totally off topic but if Clive Cussler would get off his high horse and play Hollywood's games he could easily take over Ian Flemming's market. Incredible quirky fun, action packed, rip roaring adventures!:trust: 'Sahara' was a riot but the whole production of the movie was riddled with lawsuits, bribes and underhanded practices. Any one of Cussler's 'From the Oregon Files' novels would rival 007. :clap:

Blah, bring back the Lotus!:trust: For that matter bring back Roger Moore! :clap: Seriously though, that guy's gotta be 80 yrs old but he was my 1st 007. I was about 10 when me and the neighborhood kids saw 'The Spy Who Loved Me' and the Lotus/submarine. That was the coolest thing... and he was the coolest dude.. I'd ever seen!! :rofl: :clap: :clap: :clap: :eek2: We spent weeks trying to mimic the English accent.:phead: :lol2:
That's funny, he was my first Bond as well, and I still recall the older folks saying how he wasn't a real Bond, only Connery could be Bond.

Pierce seemed to fall into the Bond role like it was a glove and was way better than Dalton. I was skeptical of Craig in the role but I've warmed up to the idea and have liked the slightly more serious Bond that we've seen since he's taken over the role.

I think I like this Bond best. The bad a** Bond that breaks people's arms and stuff :rofl:. Pierce was a good bond, but a little too manicured and mamby-pamby.

Nothing beats the Bond bike from the B4$t4rd Bond film "Never Say Never Again"
[ame="http://youtu.be/7KiSnIxcZ9g"]http://youtu.be/7KiSnIxcZ9g[/ame]

Oh come on, we all know that getting chased down my a helicopter using it's blades as weapons is better. :mrgreen:

Back