• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My trip to Bavaria 2/18/06

Reaction score
First Name
Georgia
Last Name
Rennick
The weather in Spring, Texas was quite gloomy today, so for a nice change of scenery I decided to take a little trip to Bavaria. The Bavarians are extremely proud of their well manicured lawns, but not so proficient at mending fences.

Bavaria014.jpg

Going in I passed these munitions silos…..what else could they be? Very suspicious, as they were hidden very well in the trees.

Bavaria006.jpg

The citizens of Bavaria appear to enjoy their creature comforts, though no one was swimming today.

Bavaria017.jpg

But don’t get too close as there were many majestic Bavarian guard dogs about.

Bavaria046.jpg

There seemed to be a good number of homes available in Bavaria for the working class to purchase.

Bavaria045.jpg

And a great deal of politicians vying for Bavarian votes.

Bavaria041.jpg

I noticed many churches as well, some of them small with little room for cars

Bavaria027.jpg

Bavaria029.jpg

Some of them big, with lots of space for all.

The Bavarians must have many children, their schools are very large. They are not very courteous driver’s though, as one purposefully turned left in front of me on a green light. Obviously, he was one of the upper class, much too important to wait for me to pass.

Bavarians seem to be very rich, as the streets are lined with many banks.
Bavaria036.jpg

In Bavaria there is much for the taking, if you know where to look

Bavaria020.jpg

But, please do not leave anything behind.

Bavaria021.jpg

Eventually, we must leave our love ones behind,

Bavaria025.jpg

but not forgotten for some.

Bavaria024.jpg

Much like us, the Bavarians sometimes must wait for very long trains to pass before they can go about their usual business. They must have a great deal of patience to live here!

Bavaria019.jpg

On the way back home, I traveled through Zurich…

Bavaria009.jpg

Then on to Luxembourg, via Heidelberg.

Bavaria013.jpg

I must have been by a great sea as I spotted the most delightful Lighthouse, but where’s the shore?

Bavaria033.jpg

It must have been close, as I had to traverse many dangerous water crossings such as this one.

Bavaria043.jpg

It sure was a long cold trip, but eventually I made my way back home safe and sound, bye til next time.

Bavaria2051.jpg

Gee, I kind of look Bavarian here. Bye again…Geo

All that teutonic splendor and a new German bike to take you there. It could only be better if you had finished the journey by sitting down with a tall stein of Spaten lager.

Prost! :chug:

Looks like a severe case of cabin fever to me . I finished the maintaince on the Ducati I started in december . SEYA

Other than Paul and David, what did the rest of you guys do on this splendid day?

Nice ride report GP!

It was in the mid 30's and misting all day here in Austin. Thumper, NBMallin and myself gathered at Thump's around 8:00. We tried out Thump's new tire changer and shod his Dakar with Karoos and mine with D606s in preparation for fun in the dirt in Big Bend in a couple of weeks. We also did a valve check - his were in spec but both of my exhaust valves were too tight. So we had to go to Lonestar BMW and pick up a couple of shims. Suprisingly no one bought anything else. After a quick lunch at Whataburger we stopped at the Ducati dealer. I think Mr Mallin will be the owner of a S2R1000 Monster before long. We also removed our swingarms and greased all the bearings and buttoned the bikes back up. It was a great day despite the crappy weather.

:tab Well, no sooner than I picked up Sarah so we could head out to the car for a trip down to Cycle Gear, my pager went off... I wound up working the entire day on one nasty job :roll: Yet another day down the tube... At least it pays the bills :shrug:

:tab Nice report and good looking bike!

Georgia you have all the fun toys, I really like the looks of that BMW. Have you sold the Kawi yet? Me and the wife went to the movies to see The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, the wife hated it but I kinda liked it. We then met some friends at Pappasito's for supper:eat: they had a fajita special that also included a lobster tail. Anyway I can't wait to get a better look at the beemer.

dbdolan said:
Georgia you have all the fun toys, I really like the looks of that BMW. Have you sold the Kawi yet? Me and the wife went to the movies to see The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, the wife hated it but I kinda liked it. We then met some friends at Pappasito's for supper:eat: they had a fajita special that also included a lobster tail. Anyway I can't wait to get a better look at the beemer.

Well, it's going up to the high 30's today, want to ride to Alaska? Key Map 535Q - he, he. That's quite a ride for us, I bet we could find lots of things to take pictures of to tell the next story about Alaskans.

As much as I like this f650, yesterday it crossed my mind to sell the DR-Z (gasp) and go get the Kawasaki back. One thing I didn't take pictures of was this little builder's parking lot on Louetta that was paved with fairly large rocks, I had no hesitation with taking the gs into it and the bike was very stable and confidence inspiring. I did hesitate to take it in the grass, I wanted to get a picture of it behind the "it's ok to park in the grass sign", but was afraid of hitting mud - Mark's not here to help me pick it up, so I didn't go there. All the pictures were taken in a loop of Spring Cypress-Cutten Rd -249-Louetta.

Georgiapeach said:
Other than Paul and David, what did the rest of you guys do on this splendid day?

Worked on a friend's computer, trying to rid it of all the adware, spyware, and malware...

And a trip to Fry's...

But I really liked the Bavaria trip report!
righton.gif

Where are the liederhosen? :huh:

Georgiapeach said:
T
But don’t get too close as there were many majestic Bavarian guard dogs about.

Bavaria046.jpg

Ahh, the mighty Bavarian hound. It's taken generations to domesticate it to the point that they just won't jump over the fence and tear out your throat.

I ran across one in the late 30's while on a scouting mission to Prussia. It had just slaughtered a herd of Goose Goose and was feasting on the remains. It is believed that the Bavarian hound is one of the biggest factors in the Goose Goose's extinction.

I'm lucky he was full or I would not be here to tell the tale. And you, miss Georgiapeach, are just lucky to be alive.

I went to the mall for the 2006 business expo to stock up on my years supply of free pens and post-it-notes. And that was a fantsatic trip report:clap:

Enjoyed the ride report. Every work at a paper? You have the knack.

As for picking up the bike, check out http://www.pinkribbonrides.com/dropped.html

I have seen a video of Carol doing this for a group at a rally. Well worth practicing until you can do it unassisted. Of course, may be hard to do if in the mud, as your feet could slip out from under you.

I can see it know....the GeorgiaChronicles..nice report GP. Why don't you just keep all of them, you can never have too many bikes. You have a DS bike, a adventure bike, and a street bike. Sounds good to me. I would love to ride to Alaska, but here lately it looks Onalaska is about the extent of the travels.

I was getting jet lag while reading about all those international travels.

Back