• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What to do on a 31° day?

Chirpy

Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Last Name
Tschoepe
Bling out your motard of course!:sun:

It'll be the best looking bike in the back of a truck next time. :eek2:

DRZrackedout.jpg

All the clutter in the background doesn't do it justice. I LOVE the gold rack. Helps balance the forks up front. Pretty easy install as well.

rack_med.jpg

I've obviously been hanging around all these warped GS and KLR guys though, as I'm already thinking of a 7.62 ammo can on it's side, bolted to the rack with the stock tool kit bolted to that. While not waterproof, it should still be water resistant, and then I'd some relatively secure storage.

rad_guards.jpg

Then there were these ****** ...the radiator guards would probably have been a piece of cake with two people...but the lack of a third hand and eye made this a miserable piece of work solo and paying rookie tax as I went.

What's the weather forecast for Tuesday?

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather Tuesday in Austin will be great. You bringing it out?

Today, during our cold snap my wife did a pie run Austin style. 26.2 miles with 12,000 other runners. She can definately have all the pie she wants after that run.

50° rain is a great day!?! You Canadian or something? ;-)

Might have to cage it if the rains stays in the forecast...

Chirpy said:
50° rain is a great day!?! You Canadian or something? ;-)

Might have to cage it if the rains stays in the forecast...

You panzy! I rode to work today and it was 30° when I left the house. I was almost thawed out by the time I headed home for lunch.
:lol2:

Sleepy Weasel said:
You panzy! I rode to work today and it was 30° when I left the house. I was almost thawed out by the time I headed home for lunch.
:lol2:

Hey, you wanna tell folks you don't own a car, or should I ???

Mr. Non-Conformist.....

.:rider:

On our 30 degree Sunday, I used the day (with the help of a good friend) as a major maintenance day. Brakes, fluids, plugs, and valve clearance check, and she's just about ready to hit the road. Did find some questionable bearings in the rear wheel, so we'll get those replaced and then she's just about set to hit it. Just in time for the ride out to Florida for Daytona.

Questionable bearings?

Is that justification for buying a GPS?

There are two bearings on the driven flange. These are notorious for going out around 20K on some bikes, others seem to never have a problem with them. Mine has a problem with the first set of bearings ... we'll see if the problem comes up again.

During a cold spell, if you can't light a bonfire, get a fireplace going with a goose-down comforter and a set of headphones for the stereo. ;-)

31 degree days are only good for sleeping IMO. Which is what I got to do. Being a night nurse can have its perks...;-)

I had lovely "down-time" too during our cold spell in Dallas over the weekend. It was great...glass of wine, hot chocolate;-)

Too cold to even work in the garage. :giveup:
(we need a :shiver: smilie)
Maybe next weekend I'll catch up
- add relay for fog lights
- fabricate my southern engineered, home grown windshield, aka "Plano Shades"
- finish planning my escape to AR
- finish painting the outside of my house, tile the daughter's bath, utility & all the trim work that goes with it. :rofl:

I only wish I could have spent this w/e in the garage. As it was, I was down in Round Rock freesing my nards off at a paintball tournament. :angryfire

That rack looks sweet!. Got me to thinking about pulling mine off and having it sent out to get anodized black (got all black plastic on my E).

If you think installing those rad guards was hard, you should try installing them on a DRZ with radiators that have already been beat up. :lol2:

Back