• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Joe rocket hammerhead????

Reaction score
Is anyone using or have used a Joe rocket hammerhead magnetic tank bag? I am thinking about getting one for my commute back and forth to work. And for later on any iron butt or traveling I am going to do. I like that it has individual pockets for cell and god cause i dont want to mount anything to my bike. Just let me know what you think if you have one or if you know of a better alternative. Thanks in advance.

I've got an older model Tourmaster magnetic mount that I used once in a while. Works for me but I have managed to put some scratches into the paint by not making sure there wasn't dirt on the bottom side of the mount.

This is going on a hayabusa I don't think I need the kitchen sink too lol. I'm just looking for a small bag for the tank for the needed stuff while riding when I go on long trips I have a single wheel trailer that is almost complete. The frame is built and suspension and wheel are mounted just need to get the box bolted on and a new tire and the funny thing is the suspension and wheel and tire came off a 96 ducati 900ss so the tire is going to be z rated also not that ill have it over a hundred ;-)

Last edited:
The nice thing about that bag is that it zips apart so you have two bags for the price of one. The base zips on to either bag.

Try mounting the magnetic tank bag on the rear seat. Sounds crazy, but read on... I too dread scratching the tank, so I use a smaller tank bag that allows me to "wrap" the magnetic "ears" under the lip of my passenger seat. I've used various models and brands, and for my sport bikes and cruisers where the front portion of the seat is separate from the rear' I use an ogio bag that has a magnet it the top "ear". It sticks securely to the subframe of my cruiser and on the sport bikes I use a little adhesive tape for house numbers to mount a small metal plate to the sub frame. This holds the magnet, and when the front seat is re-attached, the bag cannot be removed without damaging it; making it less likely to be stolen.

On other bikes with plastic fenders I've again used the adhesive tape to mount small metal plates. This was done on the luggage rack of my KLR, and for my sport bike I added to small loops of webbing to the rear seat. The webbing was tucked out of sight under the seat when not in use. When I needed to attach the bag I used the key to release the back seat, pulled out the loops and folded the magnetic "ears so that the magnets of the "ears" stuck to e magnets on the bottom of the bag, so effectively stuck to itself with the loops held in between the "ear" and bottom magnets. Never lost a bag, and I have been known to keep a brisk pace.

So... Not as handy as keeping it in front for eas of access; but way better than scratching the tank. I take great care to create mounting points that do not take away from the looks of the bike. For my everyday bag I use a Rapid Transit Platoon bag. I simple removed two stock fender bolts, and replaced them with longer bolts and incorporated a series of washers and nuts to keep everything tight and the hooks for the bag's bungee cords away from the paint. To make it blend in, I used "plasti-dip" to protect and color the bolts. Black fender supports; so I used black "plasti-dip". For the luggage on my FZ1 I did something similar, but used blue "plasti-dip" to color and protect the hardware mods.

Back