• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Decreasing radius turn run

Reaction score
I'm hoping the group can offer suggestions for tight turns (on/off ramps, etc.) around Dallas. Ideally I'd like to string together a bunch within a 5-10 mile area for practice.

For example the on ramp to I-635 west from I-35E north.

Thanks!

unfortunatly full cloverleafs are pretty much extinct around here.

the 121/114/635 mega contruction mess has a wide assortment of differant ramps curves and other challenges but it is dangerous enough in a armored truck much less on a motorcycle.

I have a blast in tall parking garages on sundays.

Ideally I'd like to string together a bunch within a 5-10 mile area for practice.

For example the on ramp to I-635 west from I-35E north.

Thanks!

IMHO: not the way you want to practice this. Set up cones in a parking lot and work on your skills sub 30 mph... techniques are the same regardless of speed. Last thing I want to see is your family posting on your behalf in the prayers/rider down section because your practice didn't work out.

Side note, have you taken msf2 yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

IMHO: not the way you want to practice this. Set up cones in a parking lot and work on your skills sub 30 mph... techniques are the same regardless of speed. Last thing I want to see is your family posting on your behalf in the prayers/rider down section because your practice didn't work out.

Side note, have you taken msf2 yet?....

:thumb: Good suggestions, hizzo. Construction zones tend to have loose powdery stuff and ramps tend to have slippery metal joints. And I find the barrier walls on ramps disrupt the ability "look thru the curve" with my eyes.

:thumb: Good suggestions, hizzo. Construction zones tend to have loose powdery stuff and ramps tend to have slippery metal joints. And I find the barrier walls on ramps disrupt the ability "look thru the curve" with my eyes.

I always tensed up in construction zones also. Not the best for practice.

If you want a good turn, take 75 south, and exit to NW highway east. Nice tight curve that gets taken about about 40mph with a good lean to it.

Thanks for the concern hizzo3. I have done MSF2, and Lee Parks level 1. I'm really just looking to make the typical stop sign/stoplight/freeway Metroplex ride more interesting.

Probably a good suggestion from Hizzo3. But if you want to try cloverleafs, there are several in Irving. There are several connecting between 183 and Loop 12, for instance. There's a full 360 degree cloverleaf going from Spur 482 N (right where Texas Stadium used to be) onto 114. Another one is 183 westbound, exiting to Beltline Rd, either direction.

Not really a speedy run, but there are several stretches here that don't have frequent stops. It has been a while since I have been in the area where Trinity Blvd crosses 161, so I don't know if the construction has got that messed up. This has been a good Sunday Morning ride for me in the past.
Dallas to Fort Worth

If you just gotta use one, this one was clean and free of traffic after the am rush hour last week.
Hafta confess that I ran completely through it twice last week when coming back through town from Old Aledo Rd. :oops:

SW Loop 820 and US 377 (Benbrook Hwy)

http://mapq.st/WTf91f

Zoot!

Back