• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Harley Davidson of Kingwood

Reaction score
A riding friend of mine passed recently after a long , brave battle with cancer.When Harley of Kingwood heard that he was nearing the end of his road, They bought his Road King back from him at FULL retail. Pretty good customer service from those folks, don't think my Honda dealer would do that.

David and Debbie Moore are pretty good folk, they are the owners of Kingwood, Texan, and Woodlands Harley Davidson.

:clap:

IMHO, Harley Davidson has one of the best PR departments targeting the total life experience for those seeking that lifestyle. They cater and take very diligent care of their customers unlike many bland Japanese style dealership.

As scandalous as it sounds on TWTEX, I may ride a Harley one day.

RB

I now work at Texan H-D but I always try to stop and assist any rider who is on the side of the rode. Most times they are taking a break or talking on a cellphone (you are out riding, turn it off ;-) ) but at other times they are having issues. I have gone to get my trailer to help get someone home.
You all ride safe and remember to the public we are all the same but also invisible.
Tom

:tab I've no idea why that might be scandalous...? There are a LOT of Harley riders on this site.

I have been to many TWTEX sponsored events and HD is a very small percentage of those in attendance. Like many recreational activities, each group has their own "requirements" for membership. I refer to it as some type of sociological tribal affiliation. I tested this membrane of affiliation by riding a Burgman scooter to a ROT rally when I first started pursuing motorcycles. I received many sneers and most folks parked far away. The disdain was noticeable. The barely clad gals at the rally though tended to say "what a cute scooter" to me in a soft, alluring voice, which made the social interlude more palatable.

:trust:

...sometimes when stopping for lunch on a group ride, a loud group of Harley's will whizz by and usually everyone turns and says "weekend pirates"...then we proceed to encounter the weekend warriors 2 abreast on the roads going below the speed limit with no concern for those trying to pass.

But like more stereotypes, there are many exceptions. I find the HD riders to be a friendly and wave more often than say young kids on sport bikes or BMW riders in their new Aerostich suits.

It is all good fun.

RB

plainsindiansmap.gif

Comanche = Harley Davidson warriors?
Navajo= BMW riders?

:-P

Harley does know how to treat their customers well. And if they ever made an option for getting a little more fuel storage on the XR1200 I would have one in the garage right now.

Back