• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

One more to the group!!

BMWRT

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm from the west side of Houston around Barker Cypress and Morton. I've been riding for a long time, but just got back into it in September. I'm on a 2003 BMW R1150RT. My wife and I are really enjoying it and I think after lunch today with Scott and his wife and Debbie, she may be putting two more wheels on the road soon! We'll see! :chug:

Hope to ride with you all soon!

Howdy Andy!

:tab Glad you found your way here! Don't forget to check the upcoming events section for the details on the maintenance day we were talking about. It was a cool ride home!

Adios,

Welcome to another Beemer Rider

Always good to hear of another Beemer Rider joining the group. I was going to buy a new RT but got the RS instead. Love it but my friends will tell you that I'm a lacker. She needs to be put on the road instead of a garage Queen. Hope to see and ride with you. Now if i could just find the keys......

Hey John, Scott & Ted,

Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to your upcoming events. Looks like you guys will keep us busy!

Ted I'll have to see if the 'ole RT can keep up with your RS! So far I've been pretty pleased with its performance.

I still have to give Debbie a hard time for letting my wife sit on her GS! She had me looking on E-Bay and Cycle traider last night! :-D

Talk to you guys soon,
Andy

I still have to give Debbie a hard time for letting my wife sit on her GS! She had me looking on E-Bay and Cycle traider last night!

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated... :twisted:

Adios,

Welcome Andy & Shanna,

Glad you could join the site so quickly after meeting ya'll both yesterday. Scott & Beth have trained me well .... bringing Shanna over to the dark side. :twisted: Looking forward to seeing you both again.

As for you John "KAWI JM" or should I call you Jim :wink: Andy stated "...Scott and his wife AND Debbie" and if you must know the Fridays have adopted me into their family so I wouldn't be considered a third wheel.

BMWRT said:
I still have to give Debbie a hard time for letting my wife sit on her GS! She had me looking on E-Bay and Cycle traider last night! :-D

Could your wife touch the ground? The GS sits pretty tall.
Not trying to talk you out of it. I love my GS. Gives you so many options.

Lone Star BMW in Austin had a black '01 last December that was in great shape. Here is the link http://www.lonestarcycle.com/uinv012.htm

Anyway, welcome to the group. I live even farther west than you and a little south. Let me know when you want to go ride.

Ok, I was confused. I thought you were talking about a BMW R1150GS. I guess I should read more carefully before spouting off.

If she does get a bike, I hope she starts out by taking the MSF course. If you haven't taken it, you might consider it also. Gives you a discount on your insurance. Or, if you have one of those nasty tickets laying around, you can usually get it dismissed by taking the course.

Snoopster said:
...so I wouldn't be considered a third wheel.

That's true. She's just another loose nut in the collection :P

Andy, please tell us how to spell your wife's name before we torture it too much ;-)

Adios,

I'm affraid I can't even touch the ground on an 1150GS! They are very tall. Shauna said she felt very comfortable on Debbie's GS.

I have taken the MSF course and even after all of the years I have been on and around motorcycles I still came away with a totaly new outlook on safety and awareness. It is without doubt a great program. Shauna will be taking the course in the near future. It would be great if she can find someone else in the group who is also ready to take it. Since we live on the west side on Houston that may be difficult to work out.

And also included was the correct spelling of my wife's name. :-D I should have included it earlier since there are several variations of the spelling. (Hope I got it right!)

Andy

Planning to take it in Magnolia

I plan to take the MSF course for an insurance break and since BMW will be paying for it. Not sure when but not in the too far future. I believe Kim Eggars (Mark's Gal)was going to take it too. Let me know so I can sign up.

Back