• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Muenster Mud

Hammer

Reaction score
Holy moly batman was it muddy on Sunday.

That is the greasiest I have ever seen Muenster. It wasn't actually fun first thing in the morning because it was a full time job just staying on the bike.

Later in the day, as it dried up and got a little stickier, it got pretty fun. Was still muddy everywhere and really slick in some spots but we still had an excellent day of riding.

Thanks to everyone that showed up.

Faisal, glad to hear that you enjoyed Sidewinders. Guess we got exactly what we were trying to avoid.

What's Concho supposed to be like?

Never been to Concho but gone on deer hunts out of Sweetwater, the terrain is hard/rocky with creek beds. I heard the course is also more rocky, ravine type riding with some elevation changes and gnarly stuff but milder than Muenster's gnarliest territories. Uwe posted some good info about bike prep for Concho.

Sidewinders was wooded, and I mean seroiusly wooded with constant sharp winding trails where the handle bars bounced off trees and saplings/branches and visibility was limited to the next sharp turn most of the time but extremely mild/almost zero elevation changes.

Hammer said:
Holy moly batman was it muddy on Sunday.

That is the greasiest I have ever seen Muenster. It wasn't actually fun first thing in the morning because it was a full time job just staying on the bike.

Later in the day, as it dried up and got a little stickier, it got pretty fun. Was still muddy everywhere and really slick in some spots but we still had an excellent day of riding.

Thanks to everyone that showed up.

Faisal, glad to hear that you enjoyed Sidewinders. Guess we got exactly what we were trying to avoid.

What's Concho supposed to be like?
Where are the pics?.....hehe

I rarely ever take a camera out there. Someone else may have taken pictures to post.
I've honestly never had my bike as dirty as it was on Sunday.

Hood Ornament said:
Get stuck in that quick sand and then you'll see muddy! :angryfire

12032005002.jpg

:rofl: Someone stayed in that chair for a LONG time that day.

Apparently Loyd and Miykl wandered off into the river bottom on Sunday. They made it back though.

Did you get stuck somewhere Albie? Haven't heard the story.

Hammer said:
Apparently Loyd and Miykl wandered off into the river bottom on Sunday. They made it back though.

We did, he recieved a proper introduction to riding dirt with us. If only Massey had hung around to take him up hills. Obviously I can't climb them. :mrgreen:

Best picture opportunity of they day had to have been Gary being pinned by his pumpkin though...

It took me an hour to move the dang bike 10 feet! By the time I got it to the bank I fell back on the ground and the bike fell on top of me. I laid there like that for a good 10 minutes. :lol2: I had so much mud caked on my boots, I liked to never have got the dang thing kick started.

Back